Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1.67 star(s) Rating: 1.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania (2023)

Genre: Adventure, Science Fiction, Comedy

Director: Peyton Reed

Cast: Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Kathryn Newton, Jonathan Majors, Michael Douglas, Michelle Pfeiffer, Bill Murray, Michael Peña, Samuel L. Jackson

Release: 2023-02-15

Plot: Super Hero partners Scott Lang and Hope Van Dyne, together with Hope’s parents Hank Pym and Janet Van Dyne, find themselves exploring the Quantum Realm, interacting with strange new creatures and embarking on an adventure that will push them beyond the limits of what they thought was possible.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Is it me, or was Ant Man 2 the most forgettable mcu film? I'm not saying it's bad like Eternals or most of current phase, it just barely registers

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Juvarisx

Florida
Is it me, or was Ant Man 2 the most forgettable mcu film? I'm not saying it's bad like Eternals or most of current phase, it just barely registers

Both of them were really, but yea the second one super forgettable. Asian Jim might have been the best part of the second. Its fine for a hero to have a minor story, but they didnt do enough with Ghost being a bad guy to care. She may come back in Thunderbolts which will help that character a lot.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

I remember enjoying it, but couldn't tell you anything that happened

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I remember there was this ghost type girl that kept phasing in and out of existence. She was the main antagonist, but she needed Ant Man's help for reasons. I don't remember that much about it.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Ant-Man & The Wasp is definitely not the worst Marvel film, but its definitely the most forgettable. (It's also the most outright comedic MCU film, which may be related.)

Part of it is the villains:
Ghost has clearly gone past 'the line' mentally, but doesn't actually do anything to make her irredeemable for future movies.
Walton Goggins just isn't a threat to anyone with a suit.
The FBI threat has less stakes than a Home Alone movie.

Set-piece wise, the biggest scene is Wasp's introduction, but other than limited flight, we've seen the power set used in the last movie. (To be honest, a giant salt shaker is not as visually interesting as the tank flying out of the building in the first movie.) It also suffers from standard Modern Hollywood Reverse Sexism - she's a woman, so she's never in any danger, so there's never any (even pretend) tension.

Visual-wise, only the Quantum Realm at the very end is interesting, but that immediately leads to awkward questions, like How did she eat, drink, or breathe when all those molecules are bigger than her? Oh, 'quantum magic'? That's unscientific, unsatisfying, and tensionless.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

For someone as distinctive as Goggins (big forehead, goofy teeth etc, hillbilly accent) I genuinely was shook to read he was in this. That's how forgettable this movie was. It almost feels like the sole purpose was to get him into the quantum realm before end game

Last edited:

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
It almost feels like the sole purpose was to get him into the quantum realm before end game
Even worse, that invalidates the whole threat of the FBI in this movie! He wants to stay out of jail so he can see his kid grow up, then _immediately_ loses five years out of her life!

Sevens

Log Wizard
Ant-Man & The Wasp is definitely not the worst Marvel film, but its definitely the most forgettable. (It's also the most outright comedic MCU film, which may be related.)

Part of it is the villains:
Ghost has clearly gone past 'the line' mentally, but doesn't actually do anything to make her irredeemable for future movies.
The FBI threat has less stakes than a Home Alone movie.

Set-piece wise, the biggest scene is Wasp's introduction, but other than limited flight, we've seen the power set used in the last movie. (To be honest, a giant salt shaker is not as visually interesting as the tank flying out of the building in the first movie.) It also suffers from standard Modern Hollywood Reverse Sexism - she's a woman, so she's never in any danger, so there's never any (even pretend) tension.

Visual-wise, only the Quantum Realm at the very end is interesting, but that immediately leads to awkward questions, like How did she eat, drink, or breathe when all those molecules are bigger than her? Oh, 'quantum magic'? That's unscientific, unsatisfying, and tensionless.
Umm she had an apartment in the city

DohI8FsV4AIrs5G.jpg

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Charlie w/ background and context of what was shown at SDCC.

• 1Like

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I remember Antman 2 very well, I think I've seen it twice, once for original release and one before endgame. Not sure how it's most forgettable

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I remember Antman 2 very well, I think I've seen it twice, once for original release and one before endgame. Not sure how it's most forgettable

Screenshot_20220727-020516.png

Look at the other films of phase 3. They're either core avenger movies (cap, thor), new characters (strange, marvel, black panther), Spider-Man (A-list character), or avengers

The two odd ones out are gotg2 (which I also only saw once) and ant man 2 (mid-low tier character sequel)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Antman 2 is pretty ok. its not the bestest ever, but i liked it. saw it a few times. they misused the Ghost character.

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Antman and the Wasp was not the most forgettable MCU theatrical release.

Even in lists of the worst, which this forgotten release is, it is always forgotten.

THE INHUMANS.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Oscar Bait
Reactions: 1 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database