Ant-Man test footage leaked

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
The part where he is running up the gun and it zooms in on his feet....looks so terrible it's not even funny.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
That's interesting. It doesn't look as bad/corny as I'd expect an Ant Man movie to look.

I like the fighting style they used for him, with the rapid switching between small/normal sizes. It kind of reminds me of Nightcrawler's rapid use of teleportation to fight in X2.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
its very cheesy, but that can be a good thing depending on the tone of the movie. if it doesnt take itself too seriously, it can be potentially great . if this is supposed to be serious business, then they are in trouble.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That was cinematically cool seeing him shrink and expand. It reminds me of my favorite scene in xmen2
I feel like the movie depends on them being able to make increasingly clever and novel situations that ant man excels at. As soon as the movie turns into power rangers where he's skyscraper sized and punching godzilla the movie is pretty much exhausted.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
Why did he bother to go big while running down hallway? Just to give away the surprise advantage and let the two guys know he was on his way?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I'm no antman expert, but I think otherwise it would've taken him about half an hour to run to them? And they would've left in the elevator by then.

Kubla Kas_sl

shitlord
He doesn't have super speed as an ant? Yeah, I have zero antman knowledge. And as a casual comic book fan, I really don't want to waste any brain cells on maintaining any either.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm no antman expert, but I think otherwise it would've taken him about half an hour to run to them? And they would've left in the elevator by then.
Ant Man retains the same speed and strength of a normal sized man when shrunk.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Does he retain the same mass? (I'd expect so given the force he displaced into that man's face in the trailer, but then he was able to run on the dude's gun so he must have different mass? Or just different weight?)

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Does he retain the same mass? (I'd expect so given the force he displaced into that man's face in the trailer, but then he was able to run on the dude's gun so he must have different mass? Or just different weight?)
It's been awhile since I read anything with Ant Man, but I seem to recall everything staying the same (weight included), other than size. But remember, he has access to the same ability to fly as the Wasp, so maybe that's the explanation. Ant Man's main strength has always been his scientific prowess - he's the guy that created Ultron. He eventually becomes the scientific version of the Sorceror Supreme (called the Scientist Supreme), as his scientific ability is supposed to be greater than Reed Richards, Doctor Doom or Tony Stark.

I always like The Atom from DC better. He has 100% molecular control over body, so he can change density like the Vision. So he can fly, or give himself super strength. A few years ago, they even gave him the ability to agitate molecules around him so he could shoot atomic blasts from his hands.

Porkchop

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Bronze Donator>
Looks corny. I'm shocked Marvel is bringing this to the big screen.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I guess I'm fine with him being able to change his weight based on the need, and given that he can run at the same speed when small or large it makes no sense that he'd go big in the trailer.

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
I guess I'm fine with him being able to change his weight based on the need, and given that he can run at the same speed when small or large it makes no sense that he'd go big in the trailer.
I remember in the comics, that sometimes Ant Man or The Atom would go larger because they could use the extra momentum to land stronger hits. Think of it like being shot out of a cannon.

LOL, I just saw that The Atom once went into Superman's bloodstream, and turned the molecules around him into Kryptonite, and he once blew up a Black Lantern by jumping into his body, increasing his density, and then grew to normal size, causing him to blow up, from the inside out.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
even if he could run at the same speed small scale it would still take him forever to run down that hallway because he has more space to cover as a ant sized person. technically as an ant he would have to run much faster than he could as a human to make up the same ground. so it makes sense that he would run as a human.