Anti vaxxers

Falxy-US

Bronze Knight of the Realm
2d 11h 17m
The worst thing about the measles crisis is all the worried parents that bring their kids to the ER because they think their kids have measles. Then its calls to the state immunologist, special expensive labs, etc.

Qhue

<Donors Crew>
12d 23h 52m
Honestly, the last time i got a shot was when i was 18, i have no idea for what, and it was for college, i think? (do you need full immunizations to enter college?)
No Tetanus booster since?

Many Universities do require full immunization due to the sheer number of people from all over the planet packed into a small space.

Lanx

Silver Baron of the Realm
64d 17h 21m

Many Universities do require full immunization due to the sheer number of people from all over the planet packed into a small space.
nope, the only needles i had to deliver anything was novacane for minor fillings and whatever knocked me out for wisdom teeth, since.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Donor All-Stars>
23d 8h 17m
You really should. Tetanus every 10 years, and after 3 shots, you're done until you die. Once you see some pictures of people suffering from tetanus, you will want that needle.

Bragon

<Donors Crew>
17d 26m
Your body reacts to the flu vaccine as it would to the real shit. Cough, fever, sweating, etc. for a few days. This takes ressources, and it does weaken your body - not in a dramatic way of course, and very temporarily, except if you are already weak before (i.e. if you are 65+ yo). After that period you're good to go, but you're still vulnerable to other strains.

Just if someone is interested on this, currently in Switzerland two strains are rising super fast since Christmas, the H3N2 (12%) and the H1N1 (32%). In surrounding countries, the H1N1 is also predominant, so they will vaccine against this. Last year, kids under age 4 also got H1N1, but adults were subject to Yamagata. When I was working for a pharma company, flu shots were mandatory.
What? My entire family goes through the flu vaccine every year for the past 4 years and i have yet to see any indication of what you're saying. Certainly none of the symptoms you are describing.

Reactions: Pescador

Borzak

44d 21h 28m

I didn't have to show immunization for college but when I went to field station which is 100 people at a field university, 2 to a room adjoined to another oom with a bathroom in between them all summer. Always thought that was odd.

OU Ariakas

Get it ALL together and put it in a backpack
<Donors Crew>
35d 20h 39m
All of my children are 100% vaccinated. We have never missed one. That being said, there is no fear greater than a parents' fear for their child and even in the back of my mind I got anxious when one of my tiny children started acting differently after a round of shots. I would check their eye contact, make sure they smiled, and any other test to prove that they weren't showing signs of autism.

I understand that it may sound dumb but there is something primal in wanting your kid to OK and with the barrage of information available in this day and age it is really hard to not have some tiny feeling worming its way up telling you 'but what if there is a .001% chance those dumb motherfuckers were right.' It does not change the knowledge that vaccines are necessary for my kids, it is just one of those facts over feelings arguments where you have to put your trust in the experts to do right by your children.

Drinsic

privileged shitlord
<Donors Crew>
15d 17h 40m
All of my children are 100% vaccinated. We have never missed one. That being said, there is no fear greater than a parents' fear for their child and even in the back of my mind I got anxious when one of my tiny children started acting differently after a round of shots. I would check their eye contact, make sure they smiled, and any other test to prove that they weren't showing signs of autism.

I understand that it may sound dumb but there is something primal in wanting your kid to OK and with the barrage of information available in this day and age it is really hard to not have some tiny feeling worming its way up telling you 'but what if there is a .001% chance those dumb motherfuckers were right.' It does not change the knowledge that vaccines are necessary for my kids, it is just one of those facts over feelings arguments where you have to put your trust in the experts to do right by your children.
If your kid starts showing signs of autism, you can rest easy knowing that it was going to happen regardless of their vaccination status. Correlation is not causation. At least now your autistic kid doesn't die from an easily preventable disease.

Olebass

I'm a lead farmer.
<Donors Crew>
30d 19h 28m
I got vaxxed about 40 years ago starting just after age 6 and have been retarded ever since. I am fairly certain it causes dick cancer too.

• 2Worf
Reactions: Chanur and Drinsic

Olebass

I'm a lead farmer.
<Donors Crew>
30d 19h 28m
You really should. Tetanus every 10 years, and after 3 shots, you're done until you die. Once you see some pictures of people suffering from tetanus, you will want that needle.
Also sorry for posting back to back but this is what drives me mad.
I've heard every 7 years and up to every 17 years between shots FROM DOCTORS.
I've had 4 so I guess I shouldn't fear old weathered nails anymore at least.( Construction injuries even when minor such as a old nail through the hand and whatnot )
It's about as insane as rabies for pets. Some states suggest every 2 years and some REQUIRE yearly.
Why can they not get these suggestions streamlined based on actual science and make it universal for all?

OU Ariakas

Get it ALL together and put it in a backpack
<Donors Crew>
35d 20h 39m
If your kid starts showing signs of autism, you can rest easy knowing that it was going to happen regardless of their vaccination status. Correlation is not causation. At least now your autistic kid doesn't die from an easily preventable disease.
Agreed, that was not the point of the post.

Reactions: Drinsic

Cybsled

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
11d 18h 35m
Anti Vaxxers: I would rather my kids die in agony from easily preventable diseases than be autistic. Funerals are just a one time cost, after all! I’m not supporting this kid for the next 50 years!

I mean, that is pretty much their dogma summed up. Selfish pieces of shit in a nutshell.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
<Donors Crew>
4d 18h 54m
Antivaxxers are a bipartisan problem, not just a liberal problem. There are even NURSES who firmly believe that vaccinations are harmful. The flu vaccine is one thing, but, to put your child (and OTHER CHILDREN) in harm's way is just mind-blowingly fucking stupid.

Vaccinate your fucking kids. Don't listen to some quack MD who's license was revoked, his research unsubstantiated and later refuted with evidence, nor a fucking woman who believes her child became autistic after vaccinations at 2 years old.

Mist

Golden Baronet of the Realm
40d 20h 35m
What were you going to do if you found signs of autism anyway? Rush them to the doctor and unvaccinate them?

Lanx

Silver Baron of the Realm
64d 17h 21m
Antivaxxers are a bipartisan problem, not just a liberal problem. There are even NURSES who firmly believe that vaccinations are harmful. The flu vaccine is one thing, but, to put your child (and OTHER CHILDREN) in harm's way is just mind-blowingly fucking stupid.
yea NURSES, but not doctors.

It's like going to the autoshopand the oil change guy is like "i don't know about dem dar winter tires, they heavy"

and the old mechanic is like "WTF, you know how much business i get cuz ppl drive on summer tires in the winter???"

• EyeRoll
Reactions: sleevedraw