Any Interest in a Rerolled League of Legends Tournament?

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I want to gauge interest in this. I'd like to sponsor a League of Legends tournament for the board, but I don't know if we have enough people to make it interesting. So I'm making a poll.

Poll Question: Would you be interested in participating in a Rerolled LCS?

Followup questions for discussion:
  1. What is the minimum amount of teams needed to make it interesting?
  2. Should we allow friends of Rerolled members to join?
  3. What is the best method of drafting teams so it's fair? We have a wide range of skill levels here.

I personally think we need at least 6 teams to make it interesting. Depending on the response, I'm going to withhold judgement on question 2. If we have enough interest, we don't need outside Rerolled people to join, but I don't mind it if it comes down to it.

The last question is a tough one. I like the idea of people making their own teams but we would have to enforce experience caps. For example, combine W/L ratios and attempt to keep team averages the same. Maybe weigh it against bronze through diamond level. We'll have to come up with something, but that would be a fun problem to solve.

There will be prizes, and what they are will depends on the size of the response.

Bain

Bronze Knight of the Realm
1) I'd say that for it to be interesting we'd need at least 5 teams, preferably 6. I am not sure that we can field that but it would be fun if we could and I could try to work my schedule to allow participation.

2) Yes if it means we can field an interesting number of teams. I think that the teams should require at least 3 rerolled members but could be filled with friends of members to allow for an interesting number of teams.

3) It's very late(early) here and I haven't slept yet. I will try to come back and add some useful information when I have some sleep.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
6 team minimum would work, ideally 8. 30-40 players minimum not counting subs.
Friends of Rerolled will probably need to be allowed.
Playtimes will be a large determining factor. Each team will probably need several subs. Or perhaps a "sub pool" that any team can utilize.

Teams should be equalized somehow. Either do it by aggregate rating or by having 1 player per tier. IMO it would need to be by aggregate rating since I don't think we have 6-8 Diamond players here. You can get a general idea for someone's rating here:MMR :: ?????*??*?? ( LOL : ? ) ?*??*? ?? (LOL Stats)

IE:
TEAM A: 1 Diamond player (2000), 4 Silver players (4800) = 6800 Team Rating
TEAM B: 2 Silver (2400), 3 Gold (4500) = 6900 Team Rating

A ~10% difference should be allowable, I used perfectly round numbers whereas using the website I linked will give a more accurate number.
Generally Diamond = 2k, Plat = 1800, Gold = 1500, Silver = 1200, Bronze = 1000

You could also do it another way, due to the number of variables, maybe have a set team roster of 3 players with 2 open spots that can be filled by anyone (or anyone meeting the rating range). Example: Gold/Plat/Diamond players would all be placed into set teams to avoid stacking and the last 2 positions would be filled with Bronze/Silver players of whomever. A team could have 5 players that never change but it wouldn't be a requirement.

I'm assuming this will be for NA accounts only.

Don't hurt me please. Just brainstorming ideas. I'd love to partake in a tournament but scheduling is always problematic. Flexibility would be needed.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
6 team minimum would work, ideally 8. 30-40 players minimum not counting subs.
Friends of Rerolled will probably need to be allowed.
Playtimes will be a large determining factor. Each team will probably need several subs. Or perhaps a "sub pool" that any team can utilize.

Teams should be equalized somehow. Either do it by aggregate rating or by having 1 player per tier. IMO it would need to be by aggregate rating since I don't think we have 6-8 Diamond players here. You can get a general idea for someone's rating here:MMR :: ???~??O?*^?*"?"o ( LOL : ? ) ?*"?*? ???f? (LOL Stats)

IE:
TEAM A: 1 Diamond player (2000), 4 Silver players (4800) = 6800 Team Rating
TEAM B: 2 Silver (2400), 3 Gold (4500) = 6900 Team Rating

A ~10% difference should be allowable, I used perfectly round numbers whereas using the website I linked will give a more accurate number.
Generally Diamond = 2k, Plat = 1800, Gold = 1500, Silver = 1200, Bronze = 1000

You could also do it another way, due to the number of variables, maybe have a set team roster of 3 players with 2 open spots that can be filled by anyone (or anyone meeting the rating range). Example: Gold/Plat/Diamond players would all be placed into set teams to avoid stacking and the last 2 positions would be filled with Bronze/Silver players of whomever. A team could have 5 players that never change but it wouldn't be a requirement.

I'm assuming this will be for NA accounts only.

Don't hurt me please. Just brainstorming ideas. I'd love to partake in a tournament but scheduling is always problematic. Flexibility would be needed.
Well you just nominated yourself for figuring out team weighing if it comes to that.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would be interested. I think we have a large number of players that could field 30-40. I like fawe's idea for team weighting.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
Scheduling would definitely be hard to do. Plus you would have to have at least 1 if not 2 subs per team.

You'd need at least 4 teams at the bare minimum. Then you go do something like a round robin for a couple rounds and then eventually #1 vs #4, #2 vs #3, winner vs winner for the finals. So with 4 teams you'd probably want a minimum of 24 players, 5 for each team then 1 sub per team.

You're probably going to have to include friends of RR members to allow to sign up otherwise I'm unsure if we would even have enough people. Although at that point friends want to play together so splitting them up might be a problem? Just thinking though it would be fun to do a playground style draft pick where we get 4 captains and they pick their teams. They could then end up picking to play with their friends or pick a higher skilled player. Once you get all the signups put together an excel sheet with everybody's rating so it's easy to see where people fall. Also maybe if they had their top 2 positions so you could try to get a team that meshes together well.

Either way, I'm game to do this.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Tournament is a sham without the top 1% player in LoL: Lumie.