Anybody got any information on a new Fallout?

Dedface_sl

shitlord
Just like the title says. I haven't heard shit about it, and I certainly hope they don't think Fallout Online is an acceptable Fallout 5.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
It's called Wasteland 2

Otherwise nothing, Fallout online is hopefully vaporware and some rumors about Fallout 4, but nothing specific and certainly not official.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
It's called Wasteland 2

Otherwise nothing, Fallout online is hopefully vaporware and some rumors about Fallout 4, but nothing specific and certainly not official.
Uh, no. This is another series.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wasteland_2
See my post above for the vaporware
smile.png

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The guys doing the kickstarter for Wasteland 2 are the guys who made the first two fallout games. My understanding, after talking about it with my friend at Obsidian, is that it will be an in house Bethesda game that gets done after whatever major project they are working on right now ships. Most reasonable estimates say 1-2 years before Fallout 4.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
The guys doing the kickstarter for Wasteland 2 are the guys who made the first two fallout games. My understanding, after talking about it with my friend at Obsidian, is that it will be an in house Bethesda game that gets done after whatever major project they are working on right now ships. Most reasonable estimates say 1-2 years before Fallout 4.
Interesting
smile.png

My friend wikipedia says: 'Project director Brian Fargo has reassembledkey team members from the original Wasteland: Alan Pavlish, Michael A. Stackpole, Ken St. Andre and Liz Danforth, as well as theearly Fallout games' designer Jason Anderson (Anderson, however, left the company in January 2011). Thecomposer Mark Morgan, who created the soundtracks for Fallout and Fallout 2, was also hired to compose music for the game.'
My friend also saysChris Avelloneis also working onProject Infinity as a director- I wonder how much time he'll have for Wasteland 2.

What does your friend say about this?

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Interesting
smile.png

My friend wikipedia says: 'Project director Brian Fargo has reassembledkey team members from the original Wasteland: Alan Pavlish, Michael A. Stackpole, Ken St. Andre and Liz Danforth, as well as theearly Fallout games' designer Jason Anderson (Anderson, however, left the company in January 2011). Thecomposer Mark Morgan, who created the soundtracks for Fallout and Fallout 2, was also hired to compose music for the game.'
My friend also saysChris Avelloneis also working onProject Infinity as a director- I wonder how much time he'll have for Wasteland 2.

What does your friend say about this?
Not a lot beyond what I stated. FO4 is a good ways off and WL2 is sort of a pet project for a bunch of the core Fallout 1 and 2 people. I suspect that the WL2 project will be done on time and be a good game, because it is a serious labor of love for all involved. FO4 is back in Bethesda's court (Obsidian will likely do spinoffs, ala New Vegas, of 4) so its probably going to be far more along the lines of 3 than New Vegas and probably use their new game engine that they have been working on in house for the next Elder Scrolls.

Infinity is a seperate thing under Obsidian and they are hard at work on it, but my friend is not directly involved with any of that project and would not be at liberty to discuss it if he were.

smile.png