Anyone Know North Carolina

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Looking to move there and considering either Charlotte or Raleigh. Anyone know anything about either of these? Pros, cons, etc?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Shonuff

Mr. Poopybutthole
Looking to move there and considering either Charlotte or Raleigh. Anyone know anything about either of these? Pros, cons, etc?
LOL, we were just there visiting family this weekend. The countryside is beautiful, but it seems a little slow. Of course, this is coming from someone that has lived in bigger cities like NYC, Austin and Atlanta.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I used to live in Raleigh and my God am I glad to get out of that fucking hell hole. Expect some of the worst goddamn traffic you will ever experience in your entire life. It's the south, so be prepared for some caveman mentality, as well. If you HAVE to move to NC, the only place to live is Raleigh -- but again, expect some horrific traffic.

• 1Like

Vinen

God is dead
I used to live in Raleigh and my God am I glad to get out of that fucking hell hole. Expect some of the worst goddamn traffic you will ever experience in your entire life. It's the south, so be prepared for some caveman mentality, as well. If you HAVE to move to NC, the only place to live is Raleigh -- but again, expect some horrific traffic.
Average person south of Connecticut. And serious? Person in SF saying traffic is worse somewhere else? Exit from 101 onto 10th? is roflworthy.

rrr_img_104896.jpg

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Person in SF saying traffic is worse somewhere else? Exit from 101 onto 10th? is roflworthy.
Ha that was my thought too. I bet kuriiin never got out beyond SF or east of the bay bridge. That shit sucked and forget about alternate routes in the bay area cause they don't exist.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Bay bridge is nothing compared to North Carolina. If you want to seriously drive across the Bay Bridge during commute hours, then you are a complete moron. There's a reason for public transportation (BART). North Carolina has no such thing except for busses. Not to mention, the Bay area has lanes specific for carpool -- though that's been taken over with all of the Teslas. The only downside with the Bay area now is all of the dumb construction that plagues the city causing more congestion.

I'm shocked Vinen would have any experience with traffic. Don't you have a private jet with your vast amount of wealth?

PS: I live in the North bay.

Vinen

God is dead
Bay bridge is nothing compared to North Carolina. If you want to seriously drive across the Bay Bridge during commute hours, then you are a complete moron. There's a reason for public transportation (BART). North Carolina has no such thing except for busses. Not to mention, the Bay area has lanes specific for carpool -- though that's been taken over with all of the Teslas. The only downside with the Bay area now is all of the dumb construction that plagues the city causing more congestion.

I'm shocked Vinen would have any experience with traffic. Don't you have a private jet with your vast amount of wealth?

PS: I live in the North bay.
I only wish the wealth of an average Bay Area developer salary scale (x2 thx wife) could afford a Private Plane :3

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Raleigh is going to be better than Charlotte - and the good news is there is a significant "immigrant" population of non-Southerners - there is a reason they say Cary (just outside of Raleigh metro) stands for "containment area for relocated Yankees". It's not a very big city, but the Triangle - Raleigh, Durham and Chapel Hill - plus the growing smaller cities around it make it seem larger. They've also completed the outer belt line/bypass (toll rd) which has helped with traffic.

I live about 30 mins outside of Raleigh - yeah, it's amazing how ignorant people are here, but since I've never lived farther north I just assumed it was typical, think Cary would be better though.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Average person south of Connecticut. And serious? Person in SF saying traffic is worse somewhere else? Exit from 101 onto 10th? is roflworthy.
I live in Nob Hill and taxis use that exit almost every time when coming home from SFO. The trip is rarely over 25 minutes. It's not that bad.

Giants games make the traffic worse than anything.

Vinen

God is dead
I live in Nob Hill and taxis use that exit almost every time when coming home from SFO. The trip is rarely over 25 minutes. It's not that bad.

Giants games make the traffic worse than anything.
Talking around 3-7 PM Range. It's fine at any other time.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'll be in Charlotte next week for work for 3 days. I'll have 1 night free for sure. Anything I should do? No car, staying downtown or whatever they call it with their six big buildings.

iannis

Musty Nester
Our rednecks have fleas. You don't wanna live here.

In the war between the states north Carolina had the fewest slaves of any confederate state and took the highest losses in men and property.

We are the sons of those miserable sons of bitches that lived through it, somehow.

That's north Carolina.

We fuck our cousins.

Beware.

• 1Like

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
I am also planning to move to Denver from Boston late next year. I am pretty outdoor, it should work nicely for me.