Anyone use Xim for shooters?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So im wondering if anyone uses one of these? My son asked for one of these for xmas and I was just wondering if they work or is it a scam. If not is it hard to set up? worth it?

Apocalypse

Trakanon Raider
I have one. It works pretty good tbh. Now granted I donno if they kept up support for it cause I haven't played a shooter in ages. Set up is pretty easy you need a computer and the software to program the Xim. It's easy mode though hah.

Sean_sl

shitlord
If the X720 wasn't so close to coming out I'd actually consider one of these:

A high quality trackball in place of the right analog stick would make controllers just about perfect, imo. It'd be an order of magnitude more accurate for aiming and I can use a thumb trackball like Logitech Trackmans about 90-95% as well as I can use a mouse.

Sadly I don't feel it's worth the investment with the next consoles so close to coming out. I really wish Microsoft would just straight copy that design.

Black Sun Wizard

Silver Knight of the Realm
Granted my source sucks, I heard about this on Opie and Anthony (Anthony specifically), but he said that it works great. From the rant that he went on, I would venture a guess to say that it's worth the money.

I know I want one.

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
Oh, that's kind of disappointing. I though based on the x-box controller with the trackball that it was something else. I don't know, I just feel like it takes me out of the comfort of living room gaming if i have to use a mouse and keyboard.

That trackball thing looks cool as hell though, would use that while playing borderlands.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
If the X720 wasn't so close to coming out I'd actually consider one of these:

A high quality trackball in place of the right analog stick would make controllers just about perfect, imo. It'd be an order of magnitude more accurate for aiming and I can use a thumb trackball like Logitech Trackmans about 90-95% as well as I can use a mouse.

Sadly I don't feel it's worth the investment with the next consoles so close to coming out. I really wish Microsoft would just straight copy that design.
Man, that is nice but it seems like they do not have any for sale, and the ones they did sell were $130? Thats kinda steep. But yeah, that is nice.