Archenemy (2020)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Archenemy (2020)

Genre: Action, Adventure

Director: Adam Egypt Mortimer

Cast: Joe Manganiello, Skylan Brooks, Zolee Griggs, Amy Seimetz, Glenn Howerton, Joseph D. Reitman, Mac Brandt, Kieran Gallagher, Amje Elharden, Christopher Guyton, Luis Kelly-Duarte

Release: 2020-12-11

Runtime: 90

Plot: Max Fist claims he’s a hero from another dimension who has somehow landed on Earth and been stripped of his powers. Instead of treating him like a powerful champion, no one believes Max’s claims — except for a teenager named Hamster and his sister Indigo. The siblings convince Max to help them take out a local drug gang, where Max’s abilities are put to a violent and harrowing test.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This wasnt terrible. It was a decent popcorn superhero type movie. The cameos from Paul Scheer and Glenn Howerton made it better.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Plot: Max Fist
Captain America Laughing GIF by mtv

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was ok. Objectively I look back on it and realize there really wasn't much to the entire movie if you discount the stupid drama with the sister, but since that drama was the impetus for the rest of the movie, I guess it had to be there. Not enough of Joe Manganiello giving and receiving ass-beatings.

I didn't feel like I wasted 90 minutes, and even sort of enjoyed it, but I hesitate to recommend it really. If you can turn off your brain and just go with it, I'd give it 5/10 maybe.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Just finished this, really enjoyed it. It was gritty and "real". The very final scene with the "power transfer" was stupid. Loved the gun fight between Glenn and the sister at the end, it was very real and how a gunfight probably would actually be.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database