Argylle (2024)

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
There is a shot at SLJ's French Villa where they are both walking away from the camera and I told my wife to look at this; Bryce Dallas Howards' ASS is as wide as Sam Jackson's shoulders, maybe wider.

What's harder, buying her as
a spy
or Queen Latifah as the equalizer? Lol

elidib

Vyemm Raider
Off the top of my head, I can't think of an american movie with a main character who is an author and the film being a back and forth between reality and the fictional world of the author that riffs on reality. I have not seen it, but The Lost City with Sandra Bullock plays out like that I think? Anyway, for anyone who knows French cinema of the '70s the movie that springs to mind is Le Magnifique. The problem with Argylle is that it mixes Le Magnifique with The Long Kiss Goodnight and these are two ideas that do not mix at all. Since Vaughn also complexifies the script to the max with triple agents double crossing each others and abandons all idea of realism in the action scenes, it all becomes a big steaming pile of wtf.
Also Secret Window (2004) with Johnny Depp.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd say this is somewhere between Mission Impossible and Austin Powers. It did some neat things and as long as you go in expecting that it won't be to awful.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
First half hour or so was pretty funny and clever, fell off a cliff afterwards.

How the fuck did they let her do this movie with the body of a refrigerator

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Movie should have never had the twist and just had it be the Rockwell show. I couldn't watch this shit

• 1WTF
Reactions: 1 user