Arrival (2016)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Arrival (2016)

Tagline: Why are they here?

Genre: Science Fiction

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Amy Adams, Jeremy Renner, Forest Whitaker, Michael Stuhlbarg, Tzi Ma, Mark O'Brien, Julia Scarlett Dan, Abigail Pniowsky, Jadyn Malone, Carmela Nozza Guizzo, Andrew Shaver, Shawn Campbell, Larry Day, Pat Kiely, Frank Schorpion, Lucas Chartier-Dessert, Lucy Van Oldenbarneveld, Sonia Vigneault, Mark Camacho, Sabrina Reeves, Russell Yuen, Julian Casey, Tony Robinow, Anana Rydvald, Ruth Chiang, Sergiy Marchenko, Brittany Teo, Chistian Jadah, Joe Cobden, Lorne Brass, Genevieve Sirois, Abdul Ayoola, Bineyam Girma, Abdelghafour Elaaziz, Daniel Esteban, Hal Roberts, Matthew Willson, Victor Andres Turgeon-Trelles, Michael Nangreaves, Robert D. Morais, Mustafa Haidari, Albert Kwan, Reda Guerinik, Adrien Benn, Sasha Samar, Kathleen Stavert, Kattia Thony, Leisa Reid, Brent Skagford, Gurdeep Ahluwalia, Brian Dunstan, Dan Duran, Lori Graham, Orla Johannes, Sangita Patel, Tammie Sutherland, Max Walker, John Sanford Moore, Camille Ross, Ola Sturik, Karen Belfo, Chloë Bellande, Philippe Hartmann, Laurean Adrian Parau, Nathaly Thibault, Leslie Baker, Christian Jadah, Alex M. Yeuh, Dave Campbell, Alexander Da Mota, Akul Dang, Frank Fiola

Release: 2016-11-10

Runtime: 116

Plot: Taking place after alien crafts land around the world, an expert linguist is recruited by the military to determine whether they come in peace or are a threat.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

When mysterious spacecrafts touch down across the globe, an elite team - lead by expert linguist Louise Banks (Amy Adams) - is brought together to investigate. As mankind teeters on the verge of global war, Banks and the team race against time for answers – and to find them, she will take a chance that could threaten her life, and quite possibly humanity.

Plus side: very little released in trailer, thats nice in this day and age when the entire movie is spoiled in the trailer.

Con: movie probably sucks and is mostly "MY FAMIRY" and "LOVE CONQUERS ALL" stuff, and very little alien, especially since the movie has a $25m budget. Can't do much CGI on that.

Also stars Forrest Whitaker and Jeremy Renner

Juvarisx

Florida
Same director as Prisoners, Enemy and Sicario, thus I have high hopes for this film. Btw this is based on a short story called Story of Your Life which was quite good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Sterling

El Presidente
Same director as Prisoners, Enemy and Sicario, thus I have high hopes for this film. Btw this is based on a short story called Story of Your Life which was quite good.
Agree about the director, now I'll have to read this story! Cast is good, I like the director and it's an interesting premise. A decent chance to be really good!

• 1Like

Fedor

<Banned>
show_me_what_you_got_rick_morty.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Rime

<Donor>
Reminds me a great deal of the old-ish Science fiction film 'EPOCH'.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Space Whales, clearly. Amy Adams will have to travel back to 1984 to learn Humpback in order to tell them not to destroy our planet.

Looks interesting, actually. And the low budget actually sort of makes me think that the story will be good since there won't be tremendous amounts of CGI everywhere.

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
The director immediately makes this a must see for me. Trailer looks interesting.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

That was really good, thanks for posting. It also seems like something that should be adaptable to a film version without completely destroying the source material. There obviously (big assumption here) doesn't seem like enough to make something that they'd release theatrically, so I imagine we'll see a significant amount of additions.

• 1Like

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
the international trailer is so much more awesome. I cant wait for this movie.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a remake (With more aliens) of The Day the Earth Stood Still.

• 2Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database