Artificial Intelligence and the Technological Singularity

khorum

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
95d 2h 38m
At least his english is INTELLIGIBLE. Most of these sonnet/tensorflow rpi vids are made by hardcore ching-chongs or poos who murder English. Most the older ones were before the movidius stick came out, but still fun for learning the SDK.

Reactions: chthonic-anemos

wormie

Silver Baronet of the Realm
69d 6h 47m
And that is why docs > YouTube potatoes. Sadly I actually need to read sonnet docs because of Graph Nets that deep mind just released. Otherwise PyTorch 4 lyfe.

Lanx

Golden Baron of the Realm
76d 13m

i didn't care for this guy, especially when a meathead comedian can make this guys thinking seem limited.

also his god is sam harris, idiot

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
21d 8h 51m
I've been messing with pytorch a little. I made the mistake of trying to compile it from source... That was a couple days I'll never get back.

I'm doing audio stuff, but kind of changing it into frequency domain square imagey slices so you can do the easy convolutional stuff on it.

Also I went around github looking at various examples of stuff. I must have tried a dozen different projects, and only one compiled and ran. It was an audio denoiser... which denoised my stuff down to an empty file. The rest for the most part wouldn't even build. Academic types are so useless.

Last edited:

Siddar

Vyemm Raider
28d 21h 55m
Software will be the big game changer once they make AI able to code. Then you will see mass enabling new technology as you have AI doing the code. Will be very interesting as you see the big software firms being challenged by smaller one using AI. The impact on global status-quo will be enormous as it enable small countries to mass deploy their own software. I can clearly see why medium sized countries are so interested in AI.

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Bronze Donator>
29d 8h 25m
Software will be the big game changer once they make AI able to code. Then you will see mass enabling new technology as you have AI doing the code. Will be very interesting as you see the big software firms being challenged by smaller one using AI. The impact on global status-quo will be enormous as it enable small countries to mass deploy their own software. I can clearly see why medium sized countries are so interested in AI.
Allowing AI to write it's own code?

Do you want Skynet?
Archer.jpg
Cause that's how you get Skynet.​

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Bronze Donator>
27d 1h 44m
At the moment, the closest to "AI making code" is that you now have neural networks that can optimize the design of other neural networks. And as usual with AI design, "it works, but no one can understand why".

(the previous example being chip compilers, where you enter the specs for a chip, and the computer designs the masks for silicium doping. Sometimes, you get this mass of circuit in the middle that are connected to nothing, and are not powered... but if you remove them from the design the chip stops working)

pharmakos

bµɐʁwɐʞoƨ
<Bronze Donator>
29d 8h 25m
At the moment, the closest to "AI making code" is that you now have neural networks that can optimize the design of other neural networks. And as usual with AI design, "it works, but no one can understand why".

(the previous example being chip compilers, where you enter the specs for a chip, and the computer designs the masks for silicium doping. Sometimes, you get this mass of circuit in the middle that are connected to nothing, and are not powered... but if you remove them from the design the chip stops working)
Obviously that's the beginning of the AI singularity infiltrating the entire world. It only stops when we remove it because the AI is protecting itself.

Lithose

I'm With HER ♀
68d 20h 22m

Are there any articles on this? That's really fascinating.

tyen

<Banned>
Rewards based on efficiency.

AI will solve the problem, but you have to guide it before you set it free, with either rewards or trained supervised. Otherwise it will solve a problem however it feels like solving a problem. An AI agent will jump off the game environment instead of running through a maze in order to beat it, for example.