Artificial Intelligence and the Technological Singularity

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0
Rewards based on efficiency.

AI will solve the problem, but you have to guide it before you set it free, with either rewards or trained supervised. Otherwise it will solve a problem however it feels like solving a problem. An AI agent will jump off the game environment instead of running through a maze in order to beat it, for example.
Someone made an article about this. Great read

Too clever for its own good! Google DeepMind researcher reveals how AI cheats at games | Daily Mail Online

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0
R is good for a lot of things but why bother with it in this case when python exists? I would not recommend R for anyone that is a programmer.
I have no real answer for that other than I use either or, sometimes one more than the other. Really depends on the data and what information needs to be pulled out. Sometimes R has some real nice packages that I can just feed data to it and then pull the results out to a web page with python.

Just thought it'd be real cool to train a model that watches players in an MMO for a month, and then simulates the same gameplay with bots afterwards.

It'd be cool if they made a tensorflow bot engine for my computer screen.

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Donor All-Stars>
16d 13h 29m
Reactions
2,631 73 0 0
Just thought it'd be real cool to train a model that watches players in an MMO for a month, and then simulates the same gameplay with bots afterwards.
Those bots will probably get world first mythic on the next raid in 8.1 ...

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0
wow ^^ just played with it all day yesterday.

You could put it live on this site, and train an army of bots to be like users on here to raid other websites.

dude....if you google "miniwob" the internet is quiet on this one.

I saw it used to be openai miniwob but it looks like they purged it.

Side note: Registration of miniwob.com is complete (lol)

Punko

<Donor All-Stars>
12d 22h 57m
Reactions
1,153 1,326 0 0
They'd be better posters then you I am sure.

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0

damn, i hit some real gold. Everyone quiet and not doing shit with this on the web.

iannis

Chairman Meow
<Donors Crew>
14d 7h 7m
Reactions
14,164 643 0 0

i didn't care for this guy, especially when a meathead comedian can make this guys thinking seem limited.

also his god is sam harris, idiot
I thought he was OK. But I also got the impression that he was somehow misrepresenting his work. Not really lying, nothing that severe, but his real interest is not what he does professionally currently. He has a real philosophical interest in it but realitistically he's designing dongles.

It's not like that's a terrible thing. Someone had to design the gaskets on the Saturn rockets. It's not exactly glorious work, but the rocket doesn't go vroom without it.

That's all I really remember about the episode. And that impression may have been wrong.

I thought he was a lot better than Musk.

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0
All right , I'll bite. What's your reason for why this is gold.
If you have a daily routine you can automate it and it would be able to handle a dynamic environment which typically halts a standard bot from moving forward.

Also you can clone user behavior to make more realistic bots

Last edited:

tyen

<Banned>
Reactions
5,160 3,656 0 0
Pytorch buying a lot of Facebook ads recently.

wormie

<Donors Crew>
45d 12h 53m
Reactions
6,788 716 0 0
I doubt pytoch is buying anything. You sure its not one of the cloud services like AWS or Azure?

Tuco

Janitor of the Realm
23d 11h 21m
Reactions
42,318 2,562 0 0
Elon Musk promises big new Tesla Autopilot upgrade, but is it legal?

Musk expects Teslas built in the last two years will soon gain the ability to drive to/from work without any user input.

The navigate stuff is pretty cool, and well within the constraints of what's feasible. We'll see in 2021 if they add the massive number of new functionality necessary to drive to and from work in ideal conditions, but my guess is that it'll be something that generally works but requires constant user input and can switch to user control at any moment.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Donors Crew>
18d 1h 56m
Reactions
8,588 593 0 0
Lol meant for memes thread

Last edited:
Reactions
9,192 240 0 0
LOL how did tyen tyen get banned now?
It has been determined by @Amod this day, the 13th of December in the 2018th year of our Shitlord, that the user tyen tyen shall henceforth be banned from our fine community.

Over the years, he has shown himself to be little more than a reprehensible troll at his best, and an enemy actively working to undermine the community at his worst. He has been allowed to participate in this incarnation of our community by the mercy of our overlords, but today finds that mercy exhausted.

His offences include, but are not limited to:
Subjecting us to the swamp donkey​
Trolling the community while it burned in the fires of malware and Requiem's neglect​
Sabotaging a tits for votes contest, one of our most sacred of covenants​
Spamming his EQ EMU shit in unrelated threads in a desperate plea for attention​
Abusing the reporting system, which upgraded his most recent shawing to a temp ban​
The final straw: shitting up the parent thread in the grown up forum​

tyen tyen is therefore banned so he can take the time to focus on his family instead of being distracted by internet trolling. This ban shall not be lifted until such time that @Admin or a future @Amod team lose their minds and let him back in.