Ask Amod Thread

suineg

<Charitable Administrator>
11d 16h 38m
Reactions
19,115 1,999 0 0
Someone make a donation that I can refund, testing something that I fixed.

14d 14h 7m
Reactions
1,269 111 0 0
It looks like I lost donor status somewhat recently when I noticed there were some likes I couldn't use anymore. My yearly auto-payment to Suineg's PayPal just went through today, though. With the change to the forums, did we need to cancel the recurring donation and switch to the new donation system?

suineg

11d 16h 38m
Reactions
19,115 1,999 0 0
It looks like I lost donor status somewhat recently when I noticed there were some likes I couldn't use anymore. My yearly auto-payment to Suineg's PayPal just went through today, though. With the change to the forums, did we need to cancel the recurring donation and switch to the new donation system?
Nope, I fix all the renewals manually when they come across.

kudos

Molten Core Raider
1d 3h 40m
Reactions
618 332 0 0
This place has become a shitty alt-news haven. Most user interactions revolve around the terrible politics thread. What the fuck has happened to the community over the years?
Don't go to it if you don't want to read it!
When the entire purpose for the creation of this board (MMO's & gaming) becomes dead then the community dies with it.

As of writing this the General forum has 3x the posts as MMO's. If you include the Gaming forum with MMO forum it still doesn't beat it. By about 100k posts.

Last edited:

Erronius

Trakanon Raider
3d 5h 0m
Reactions
1,536 278 0 0
khorum khorum strikes again
This place has become a shitty alt-news haven. Most user interactions revolve around the terrible politics thread. What the fuck has happened to the community over the years?

When the entire purpose for the creation of this board (MMO's & gaming) becomes dead then the community dies with it.
The discussions over MMOs & gaming aren't dead.

kudos

Molten Core Raider
1d 3h 40m
Reactions
618 332 0 0
khorum khorum strikes again

The discussions over MMOs & gaming aren't dead.
Sure they are. 90% of MMO is shit posting when there are any posts at all. I'll give Gaming more credit as that place seems to be quality posts, just low amounts in comparison. I'd love to see statistics of posting rates per day for the last 3 months between the forums. suineg suineg any ability for that?

Erronius

Trakanon Raider
3d 5h 0m
Reactions
1,536 278 0 0
Sure they are. 90% of MMO is shit posting when there are any posts at all.
There has always been a disproportionate amount of shitposting. It might even be fair to say that more people have always participated in the MMO threads simply to shit on those MMOs and the people that play them than there were people who participated in rational MMO discussions.

The simple reality is that interest in MMOs has been waning for years, both here and in general. More and more new MMOs seem like they're rehashes, copying other MMOs, and they all have retention issues. Gamers are like gypsies now and most start a game, try it, get bored quickly and then move on. And the discussions we have largely reflect that. So the best discussions we have are either people getting their hopes up for a game being released, and then inevitably having their hopes and dreams crushed yet again, or it's more "EQ DONE RIGHT" and "Become one of the Fallen!" discussions where we mock BradCo endlessly.

So I dunno what you really want. Our posting habits are going to reflect our interests, and we can't really change the reality in regards to the current state of MMOs, so....

suineg

11d 16h 38m
Reactions
19,115 1,999 0 0
Sure they are. 90% of MMO is shit posting when there are any posts at all. I'll give Gaming more credit as that place seems to be quality posts, just low amounts in comparison. I'd love to see statistics of posting rates per day for the last 3 months between the forums. suineg suineg any ability for that?
We have been over this before. Politics gets more posts but gaming gets more views.

Vanessa

Lord Nagafen Raider
10d 23h 27m
Reactions
1,457 291 0 0
This community is growing up and getting older too. It's been in existence now for two decades; that's remarkable. Obviously our tastes change as we get older and that's perfectly normal to start caring about politics more as you age, as well as a shift toward conservative values. Reminds me of the saying "If you're young and not liberal, you lack a heart. If you're old and not conservative, you lack a brain".

When (if) this community presses on for another twenty years (yeah right!), it'll be more about retirement, our health going to shit and so on LoL!

Izo

Blackwing Lair Raider
7d 18h 55m
Reactions
1,175 777 0 0
This community is growing up and getting older too. It's been in existence now for two decades; that's remarkable. Obviously our tastes change as we get older and that's perfectly normal to start caring about politics more as you age, as well as a shift toward conservative values. Reminds me of the saying "If you're young and not liberal, you lack a heart. If you're old and not conservative, you lack a brain".

When (if) this community presses on for another twenty years (yeah right!), it'll be more about retirement, our health going to shit and so on LoL!
It's kinda like a MtF vagina - use it or lose it.