Ask Amod Thread

dizzie

Triggered Happy
57d 6h 15m
@Lightning Lord Rule and community - I've mentioned making a thread about it before and more recently made a post on internet privacy in arson town that garnered interest.

I'd like to do this for our community members. With cancel culture becoming the new norm I would like community members (and generally everyone) to feel safe to express free speech online without reprisal.

It would be a rather lengthy post so I'd just have to work on it in my spare time. Kinda like an FAQ sticky thread that people can ask questions about and propose additions to.

My concern however is that while it can help members be more secure with their online privacy, it would also tell individuals how to exploit online privacy. A bit if a double edged sword in the wrong hands which makes me wonder if it's worth doing.

Any thoughts? Is it worth doing? If so would it keep the community safer if you had to be registered to view it?

Thread would more or less be on the topic of

1. How do I stay anonymous on the internet
2. How do I clean up my tracks from the past (personal data removal, disinformation, etc)
3. Maybe if in the scope and time permitting delve into the topic of extreme privacy (nomad residency, ghost addresses, anonymous payments, etc)

May not be enough people interested in topic 3 since it's a bit extreme.
Keep 3 out of it to be honest, it's an incredibly complex subject and you could write a novel on it.

If you need any ideas KF has an excellent thread on this subject as they've been breached a few times so Null and co started a thread on how to avoid being doxed. Considering the nature of their forums and its members, the thread is very informative and it goes really deep into the methodology of doxing.

But it's a good idea as a thread given the state of play right now.

• 2Like
Reactions: zzeris and Foler

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
48d 18h 17m
Keep 3 out of it to be honest, it's an incredibly complex subject and you could write a novel on it.
I've read that novel. It was good. I say we talk about 3. I don't have the guts to go that far, but it's very enticing. With enough encouragement I could.

Maybe it should be a different thread though.

China Bat Soup

Bronze Knight of the Realm
6d 18h 3m

If you need any ideas KF has an excellent thread on this subject as they've been breached a few times so Null and co started a thread on how to avoid being doxed. Considering the nature of their forums and its members, the thread is very informative and it goes really deep into the methodology of doxing.

But it's a good idea as a thread given the state of play right now.
3 sounds a lot more useful/interesting than "use a VPN" and "delete Facebook".

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
19d 14h 18m
Wakandan this is like showing up to the polls on December 5th. It's over, go home.
Could be but you asked me (by name) to vote with that huge banner taking up space on the page. If you don't want me to vote then don't waste my time with the announcement.

And as you can see by the lateness of my reply, I don't really care about this stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
Reactions: Tarisk

iannis

Musty Nester
90d 52m
We're not adopting the california model?

Well I just don't know how mist is ever going to be amod. That was kind of an important part of the plan.

• 1Worf
Reactions: Izo

Izo

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
33d 16h 53m
We're not adopting the california model?

Well I just don't know how mist is ever going to be amod. That was kind of an important part of the plan.
Curious - what did you do while afk-amod’ing that one time? Jail? New cat? Getting lost in Mist Mist ‘s lower dungeon (if you know I mean)?

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
48d 18h 17m
BLM is doing a cyber march looking for the mayor of Arson Town. Break out yer fuddiest virtual AR and meet em on the front porch boys!

• 1Like
Reactions: ZyyzYzzy

Chancellor Alkorin

An Amodmin
<Granularity Engineer>
38d 22h 44m
Haven't seen anything going on but I've been distracted (streaming, etc). Cloudflare analytics don't show anything strange and the server doesn't either.

iannis

Musty Nester
90d 52m
I had a handshake earlier about 12-14 hours ago. It used to happen a lot more often. It was that page that pops up indicating a problem between cloudfare and our server itself.

one of those SSL handshake dealies. Whatever that means.

iannis

Musty Nester
90d 52m
Curious - what did you do while afk-amod’ing that one time? Jail? New cat? Getting lost in Mist Mist ‘s lower dungeon (if you know I mean)?
It was just a weird year. I had some family die, I dated a younger woman for a long stretch of it, some work issues came up that needed more attention than usual, I took on some extra edumication, and I started to notice some personal signs of mental aging. Sometimes things just get weird. Not bad, not good, just weird.

I wish it was more exciting. Like I went on a coke binge or something. I don't even have any hatefuck or crazy stories about Anna. It just kinda went nowhere. It was a mutual infatiation for a run of months and when it was done it was just done. No acrimony either way. A large part that year was spent trying to reset myself mentally. To partial success. And physically to better success. I was getting pretty fat.

Last edited:

Foler

Scholar in East African History
<Gold Donor>
Amod Amod I feel like it's time that the shitty tranny thread is permanently retired. That thread is a disgrace to our beautiful shaw. Not sure why it seems to be getting special treatment over hodjs shitty thread.

iannis

Musty Nester
90d 52m
When Hodj comes back, since his thread is retired, he won't be able to post in it. So we need to leave the tranny thread open in welcome to him and his return.

This is basic southern hospitality.

• 2Worf
Reactions: zzeris and Hoss