Ask Amod Thread

Chancellor Alkorin

An Amodmin
<Granularity Engineer>
42d 16h 7m
You put on your admin hat and told me to convince you (after insulting me for asking for a reason and making an appeal). You never asked me to contact you privately. You were an insulting prick and are now mad that I do that job much better.
How narcissistic are you?

1. The emote line was a response to the many, many disparaging remarks you made about Amod Amod , even though it's been made very clear that Amod had nothing to do with your situation. Not this Amod, not the last Amod, no Amod involvement at all.

Amod can't intervene here, so stop asking.

2. I spend literally no time thinking about how to insult you. You do that work for me.

3. I was trying to help you, such as it was, and I'm done. Wallow in your own misery, but don't even think about blaming me for any of it. I'm sorry you can't see past the end of your own nose, but it's: Not. My. Problem. Now.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderation Tools>
107d 14h 15m
Scream, the rule you broke is one that isn't a formal one that is written down, but it exists nonetheless. It's the Tanoomba rule: A user that causes every thread he participates in to descend into shit shall be dealt with by management at their discretion.

It's not completely your fault, as part of this is how the rest of the community reacts to you. It's both you being an obnoxious asshole and it triggering everyone else in the thread just right, so that it all becomes about shitting on you as much as possible. If there was any civil discussion going on before, that goes right out the window. So what do we do if we want to restore order? Shit on everyone in the goddamn thread or just excise the one guy that is the root cause?

I don't personally have a problem with you, mostly because I am 100% checked out on politics so I don't read the threads you participate in. I would have preferred that what happened to you was the result of a discussion among amods, but I think it was the best solution for now. I would like it to be temporary, but some would argue that nothing will change and things will return to shit if you are let back in.

So go out in to the rest of the forum, find some threads that interest you and contribute to them. Show us that you can engage with the community in a non antagonistic manner.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
43d 21h 2m
Scream, the rule you broke is one that isn't a formal one that is written down, but it exists nonetheless. It's the Tanoomba rule: A user that causes every thread he participates in to descend into shit shall be dealt with by management at their discretion.

It's not completely your fault, as part of this is how the rest of the community reacts to you. It's both you being an obnoxious asshole and it triggering everyone else in the thread just right, so that it all becomes about shitting on you as much as possible. If there was any civil discussion going on before, that goes right out the window. So what do we do if we want to restore order? Shit on everyone in the goddamn thread or just excise the one guy that is the root cause?

I don't personally have a problem with you, mostly because I am 100% checked out on politics so I don't read the threads you participate in. I would have preferred that what happened to you was the result of a discussion among amods, but I think it was the best solution for now. I would like it to be temporary, but some would argue that nothing will change and things will return to shit if you are let back in.

So go out in to the rest of the forum, find some threads that interest you and contribute to them. Show us that you can engage with the community in a non antagonistic manner.
I know the rule. I already mentioned that.

But here is where your entire post breaks down...

I appealed.
My appeal was worded professionally.
I insulted no one.
I even received clarity and responded to Dom with civility in a non-antagonistic manner.
Easy.

This was the first Amod response.

It got a lot of positive responses including a few from people later telling me to stop being so antagonistic because I called them names.

If I make a serious request I get idiocy. I call it idiocy I get you and Alkorin coming in here telling me not to be such a rude guy while the original idiot continues to act like an idiot.

It's a joke.

• 2Like
Reactions: Tarisk and DickTrickle

Foler

Scholar of East Africa Geography
<Gold Donor>
Except I was right.

This was not a mod decision so hand waving it away like "u dont kno" is moot. There is no context to read deeper. I asked why I was banned and your mod team (and you) were abrasive assholes and now your bitching and pearl clutching that I'm a more effective abrasive asshole and clamoring for people to act like adults.

No you didn't. You put on your admin hat and told me to convince you (after insulting me for asking for a reason and making an appeal). You never asked me to contact you privately. You were an insulting prick and are now mad that I do that job much better.

I did with my questions and my appeal. I was told to stop being a cunt, and to eat shit and die like a faggot.

Excellent! Doing Gorgonio on Sunday.
Dang. Wish you'd let me come.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
43d 21h 2m
Dang. Wish you'd let me come.
The GF and I have a tradition of banging one out on every summit so that would be pretty awkward.

EDIT - Also Denamian Denamian for the record, I don't have to prove to you anything. My post history in thousands of threads here and every other interation of this board going back to noows shows that when not met with slackjawed dumbfuckery I'm a super chill dude. See my last few posts in the Atheist thread (LLR banned me from that one right off the bat).

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Like
Reactions: BoozeCube and Foler

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Moderation Tools>
107d 14h 15m
I know the rule. I already mentioned that.

But here is where your entire post breaks down...

I appealed.
My appeal was worded professionally.
I insulted no one.
I even received clarity and responded to Dom with civility in a non-antagonistic manner.
Easy.

This was the first Amod response.

It got a lot of positive responses including a few from people later telling me to stop being so antagonistic because I called them names.

If I make a serious request I get idiocy. I call it idiocy I get you and Alkorin coming in here telling me not to be such a rude guy while the original idiot continues to act like an idiot.

It's a joke.
Report the quoted post, and we will discuss it. I'm positive the outcome will be to keep things as they are right now. I'll flat out state right here that is what I will vote for, as I believe it to be the least bad solution.

Foler

Scholar of East Africa Geography
<Gold Donor>
You guys remind me of gay pride trump haters. Feel like I need to walk around with a mic asking you if you agree that screamfeeder is not that bad.

• 1Like
Reactions: Drinsic

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
43d 21h 2m
Report the quoted post, and we will discuss it. I'm positive the outcome will be to keep things as they are right now. I'll flat out state right here that is what I will vote for, as I believe it to be the least bad solution.
No. Let's discuss it here in public. You have the link and so does everyone else.

Every single time I have made a report I got mockery, insults and a few times banned or shawed for "Abusing the Report System" from just about every iteration of the Mod team going back to a_skeleton_03 (generally the same people). Why in the hell would I report it? That accomplishes literally nothing as you just admitted and fully support.

Least bad solution? How about you do what I told a_skeleton_03 he should have done years ago when this shitshow began. Point these babies to the ignore button and punish them when they can't deal.

• 1Like
Reactions: Tarisk

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
55d 9h 56m
Scream, I can be for ya or against ya. Whichever one you think will help more.

Chancellor Alkorin

An Amodmin
<Granularity Engineer>
42d 16h 7m

It's a joke.
So, someone used hurty words and pissed you off, and that gives you the right to piss in everyone else's Wheaties? Am I getting this right?

I had no issue with you until you came in here and started mouthing off at people who aren't responsible for what happened to you, and can't fix it anyway (well, I could have tried, but I digress).

• 1Like
  • 1Picard
Reactions: Brikker and Tarisk