Assassin's Creed 3

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Not sure if everyone is already done with AC3 but will need thread for the DLC I'm sure will be coming in the near future. I'm still playing it and really enjoying it, I'm going for 100% completion, think I'm at 85% or so.

As people mentioned in other forum, the Naval missions are a lot of fun and I've love to see a stand alone game based on it. I also enjoy setting up the homestead.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
AC3 is a great addition to the community organizer franchise. I really wish they'd make a sequel to Assassin's Creed 1 though.

The naval missions were great but I had more fun sailing through stormy waves than fighting other ships.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
The naval missions were great but I had more fun sailing through stormy waves than fighting other ships.
Totally agree I wanted to be able to just free explore the coast in my ship, that's why I think expanding on that and making it part of the game instead of a side show would be great.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Are the PC controls for this way off in comparison to the console? I'm not that far into it but right now I have a sequence that says I have to kill 3 guys from around a corner and I can't get into a position in a corner near anybody for the life of me without somehow being found by an officer. Maybe I just suck but I've never had so many issues with a game before.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Are the PC controls for this way off in comparison to the console? I'm not that far into it but right now I have a sequence that says I have to kill 3 guys from around a corner and I can't get into a position in a corner near anybody for the life of me without somehow being found by an officer. Maybe I just suck but I've never had so many issues with a game before.
If you aren't using a 360 controller, you're doing it wrong. Aside from that, I got no idea.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Guess I need to get a 360 controller, never used one on a computer.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
You just plug it in and go. However, the game looks just as good on a 360 plugged into a huge hi def TV IMHO.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't own a 360 so I don't have one. Will have to get one and try it out. Guess for now back to another game.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
How the heck do you read system emails? I click on them and nothing happens...they won't open. ;[

supertouch_sl

shitlord
if you're talking about the mission in which you infiltrate that fort to free the 3 indian captives, you have to perform the corner kills on the officers. just survey their patrol routes, find cover somewhere, whistle (the "e" key) so they'll approach you to investigate the sound, and hit the normal attack button to perform a swift assassination when they're close enough. make sure you're far enough away from other soldiers when you do this.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
How the heck do you read system emails? I click on them and nothing happens...they won't open. ;[
I never figured that out. Thankfully the "YOUVE GOT MAIL" notification seems to lower in severity after the first 10% of the game. Or maybe I just got used to it.

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I never figured that out. Thankfully the "YOUVE GOT MAIL" notification seems to lower in severity after the first 10% of the game. Or maybe I just got used to it.
Apparently they can only be read outside of the Animus. Which sucks because you get the notification while in the Animus, lol. How do you level up artisans? I'm trying to figure out how to create ship convoys.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
Apparently they can only be read outside of the Animus. Which sucks because you get the notification while in the Animus, lol. How do you level up artisans? I'm trying to figure out how to create ship convoys.
You just need to wait for another homestead mission tied to that character to show up; complete that, and the artisan levels up. Some of them happen fairly late in the game.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Leveling up the artisans always seemed a little ambiguous to me because you were notified of being able to do a mission only by zoning somewhere and searching it for your map. And sometimes one person's mission is a requirement for a half dozen other people's missions.

The community building was fun, but don't do the missions unless you want to because the reward of being able to craft fancy shit is all but useless. If you only want $$ the first level of the trapper lady and the lumberjacks gives you plenty of stuff to trade and ability to trade it.

Xythen_sl

shitlord
How the heck do you really utilize the trading/convoy/crafting system? It seems so ambiguous since you can buy and sell the same things. Is there a decent guide somewhere?

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Apparently there's a bug where artisans won't level up even when doing all the homestead missions. Talk about disappointing, heh.

mixtilplix

Lord Nagafen Raider
There is a laptop across from where the animus is that you can use to read the useless emails.

Bo Jackson_sl

shitlord
Finished this game on PC, loved it, but it really was buggy as hell. If you picked a lock with a weapon in your hand it would drop the weapon permanently. I played thru 3/4's of the entire game with the starter tomahawk until realizing my mistake and wandering into a general store and re equipping and upgrading my weapons. Made the game a lot harder lol. I had a few other side quests that were totally bugged as well. Love the immersive stories and environments of AC games, this one included, but there were some parts of the plot that left me scratching my head. And the ending didn't really leave me satisfied either.