Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

an accordion_sl

shitlord
rrr_img_15108.jpg

rrr_img_15109.jpg

Looks like it might be a next gen launch title... would pretty much guarantee a new console purchase from me.

Sean_sl

shitlord
If this game is primarily focused on the Naval Combat missions from AC3 I will jizz in my pants until my ballsack is nothing but a dry, empty shell.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As much as MOST people enjoyed that aspect of the last one, Sean, I wouldnt be surprised.

chilansl

Lord Nagafen Raider
After the whole "Take one extra step and you fail the mission mechanic", I might hold off on any further Assassin's Creed titles for awhile.
Don't get me wrong, fist fighting Pope Alexander VI (in AC2) was one of the highlights of any video game I have ever played, but the horrible bugs in AC3 means I will let others blaze that trail.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I can think of plenty of potential reasons to buy a PS4, but a new installment of a series that has always been better when played on PC? Definitely not on the list.

Still stuck on Revelations myself. I got sick of Brotherhood well before it ended and made the mistake of moving right on to Revelations only a couple weeks later. Didn't even get a quarter of the way through it before I gave up.

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Some more info:

The main characters name is Edward Kenway, father of Haytham Kenway from Assassin's Creed 3. Edward is known as a Privateer, Assassin and occasional pirate. The games location is set in the Caribbean on multiple island including Jamaica, Cuba and the Bahamas.

The current game is running on the Xbox 360, but has plans for next generation console's as well.

Vaclav

More AC3 ship stuff - oh hell yes.

Weird that the timeframe looks to be before AC3 though. And how is this going to tie in with no Desmond?

Lenas

Trump's Staff
If that info is true, I'm not very excited about it being in basically the same time period as the last one.

Vaclav

I felt the same way about 2 and its offshoots too - game being fun got me past that though.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
There are already 5 AC games (12 if you count handheld) so... dumb comment is dumb.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I loved the ship stuff. I hope it's really heavy on ship combat. Maybe even a persistent caribbean to sail around in.

Randin

Trakanon Raider
I'm on board for Pirates Creed.

However, am I the only one who'd like to see the actual assassinations go back to something like the AC1 model? I actually liked the feeling of collecting info on your target, and using it to plan out your attack. The actual means of collecting the info could've used some work, but I felt like the core concept was sound.

Oh yeah, and they really need to dump the 100% sync thing, that shit's getting increasingly obnoxious.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I'm on board for Pirates Creed.

However, am I the only one who'd like to see the actual assassinations go back to something like the AC1 model? I actually liked the feeling of collecting info on your target, and using it to plan out your attack. The actual means of collecting the info could've used some work, but I felt like the core concept was sound.

Oh yeah, and they really need to dump the 100% sync thing, that shit's getting increasingly obnoxious.
100% sync is fine... if the objectives aren't holy stupid as fuck. Some of the AC3 ones were controller throwing, almost broke a window, bad.

AC1's pacing and side stuff was terrible, definitely don't want to go back to it. AC3 had way too many action set pieces though and there wasn't enough about being an assassin, it just didn't feel very "assassin-y" and the series could definitely needs to go back to focusing on the Assassinations and less on cinematic action sequences and set pieces.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I don't even bother with 100% sync. I just run forward and press the awesome button from time to time.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What would get me excited about AC4:
1. Removing all the boring community building aspects. I'm fine if you build an assassin empire, just hire a consigliare to navigate the menus to spend the money, ok?
2. Putting the game in a scene with magnificent and interesting historical buildings. The tree shit was cool but having 5 of the same trees conveniently placed to create a runway was laughable.
3. Make the game actually difficult like AC1 was. Otherwise I'm just holding down the two forward buttons and pressing the awesome button once in a while.
4. Reducing the number of eagle eye points and making it challenging to utilize them (How they did it in Revelations or Brotherhood was great, where you had to cock over a templar tower and light that shit on fire and you eagle eyed on your way down)

I still think the best location for the next Assassin's Creed game is in feudal japan where you are a ninja and the templar are samurai.