Atlas DAOC Server

Rael

Golden Knight of the Realm
Atlas has a release date: June 24th

Atlas is a classic DAoC free server based on patch 1.65, with Old Frontiers, old RAs and some minor QoL of changes.

Patch 1.65 Came out in October 2003:

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I cant remember which patch version was which from this game. But whats the difference between some other popular DAoC emu server and this one?

Rael

I think the main difference is this will have players. The other severs are apparently dead and it seems the community has been waiting to jump on this one for a while.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
A freeshard is opening on the 10th of December.

I might check it out as I'm kind of between games at the moment. I wonder if it'll have all the glorious 1+ Minute crowd control abilities in PvP lol.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
A freeshard is opening on the 10th of December.

I might check it out as I'm kind of between games at the moment. I wonder if it'll have all the glorious 1+ Minute crowd control abilities in PvP lol.

I'll give them credit, setup was pretty easy. But I can't get past the UI and controls in general, blech.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
What is the current DAOC freeshard? Is it still Eden? Community moves around so often, dunno the best way to figure out where folks are playing.

AtabishiRetired

Peasant
What is the current DAOC freeshard? Is it still Eden? Community moves around so often, dunno the best way to figure out where folks are playing.

Eden is the current main one but it's on the massive decline. Not really worth starting there now unless you are trying to get back in the swing of things. It's already seeing realm populations drop under 100 at some hours and it has a heavy PVE focus which could prove to be challenging with that low of population.

There is a pvp freeshard in alpha testing called Titan that will release some time this year but who knows how popular that will be. Also a Pheonix relaunch is in pre-alpha right now so that will probably some time later this year as well.

Unfortunately this is kind of the period in which the latest big freeshard population is nearly dead and everyone is just waiting for the next one to launch.

I usually just check the daoc subreddit every now and again and join daoc discords to get latest news on servers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chapell

Trakanon Raider

Kripp is playing on Eden Season 2.
3k players on the server rn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rael

Yeah on Eden currently, seems really good

• 1Like