Avatar Football - XBOX Live Indie

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Hey all -- the Indie dev I work for, Barkers Crest Studio, has just released our newest game, Avatar Football. If you're familiar with the strange land that is XBOX Live Indie, you might know some of our other games; Avatar Legends, Avatar Golf and Home Run Challenge. I posted about Avatar Legends a couple times back on FoH.

We try to bring a certain amount of user-customization and community sharing to our games, along with a level of polish that you don't really find in most other XBLA Indies. With Avatar Football, we've included 3v3 online multiplayer, along with the ability to create/share your own playbooks and rosters. I'm pretty proud of what we've made -- you can check out the trial on XBOX Live or DL it outright for 240MSP.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, as there are only four of us and user-proofing something as varied as football is a near impossibility, but so far we're pretty stoked about how the game is playing.

Unfortunately, Microsoft dropped the ball hardcore and didn't have a trial mode option available when we initially released, which is pretty much poison for an Indie -- we're playing catch-up right now, but it definitely has hurt our sales. But alas, such is the life of an Indie dev...

Couple promo screens:

rrr_img_8010.jpg
rrr_img_8011.jpg
rrr_img_8012.jpg
rrr_img_8013.jpg

ValkyrieIATD

Didn't realize I hadn't posted anything on Rerolled yet. I look like such a shill right now. I posted a lot on FoH! Promise!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
LoL, I remember your posts so no worries there.
wink.png

I don't have an XBox but it looks pretty cool, good luck with it!
smile.png

ethanael_sl

shitlord
Yeah. Just found out what happened with FoH yesterday... bleh! At least I found this place. Anyway, the project looks pretty slick and I picked up a copy.

Best of luck with the release and the next project you guys decide to crank out.

ValkyrieIATD

Thanks -- it was nice to see the game highlighted on Indiegames.com and we certainly appreciate any press we can get. We just finished a $1 Super Bowl sale for Avatar Football and it definitely has led to a noticeable bump in sales.

The lack of a trial at launch really hurt us and for a while we were fluctuating between #50 and #80 on the download charts. We were definitely in danger of being a bomb. But now we've broken into the top 20 for both average daily downloads AND top-rated on XBLIG. It's definitely a real 'sigh of relief' moment.

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
Same thing happened to my game, trials didn't work for around 24 hours. Then the next day got bumped to the second page. Also my nephew to this day can't buy the game, gives him an error of some sort (I haven't seen it).