Avatar: The Last Airbender- Live Remake on Netflix

Lenardo

<Donors Crew>
7d 19h 19m
Reactions
789 104 0 0
just announced a week or so ago,

They are going to Remake the animation series into Live Action on Netflix.

not coming for a year or two or three, but they got the original writers/producers/sound and sifu (martial arts director)back for the endeavor.

Malakriss

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
2,237 205 0 0
Why? Disney making all of their shit into live action I get cause it is possible to make $$$ off it. But why TLA?

Cybsled

Vyemm Raider
5d 21m
Reactions
2,289 643 0 0
The show started in 2003. Most of the people who watched it as young kids are now in that prime college age demographic, so they probably feel it is a good time for a live action attempt?

MusicForFish

Not Blind to the Injustices of the World
<Donors Crew>
17d 2h 44m
Reactions
10,727 1,847 0 0
This series going live action gives me a mega boner.
Unless they alter and castrate the source material.
Then it should be earth bent into a toilet.

Lithose

<Donors Crew>
24d 13h 50m
Reactions
37,144 885 0 0
Why? Disney making all of their shit into live action I get cause it is possible to make $$$ off it. But why TLA?

Because the bar is so low, they know they can make dogshit and it will still get praised.

Drakain

Lord Nagafen Raider
1d 16h 14m
Reactions
591 29 0 0
Oh my god, I had blocked how bad that movie was. I think my brain is melting due to this revelation.

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
26d 14h 7m
Reactions
14,565 1,217 0 0
This series going live action gives me a mega boner.
Unless they alter and castrate the source material.
Then it should be earth bent into a toilet.
Wakandan is you retarded? They already took Avatar live action once and it resulted in one of the WORST MOVIES EVER MADE.

Oh my bad, they took UHvatar live action.

MusicForFish

Not Blind to the Injustices of the World
<Donors Crew>
17d 2h 44m
Reactions
10,727 1,847 0 0
Wakandan is you retarded? They already took Avatar live action once and it resulted in one of the WORST MOVIES EVER MADE.

Oh my bad, they took UHvatar live action.
Naw, I dont even consider that abortion of a "movie" to be real.
Fuckin give me a true Ang movie.

Lenardo

<Donors Crew>
7d 19h 19m
Reactions
789 104 0 0
and for fuck's sake PRONOUNCE HIS FUCKING NAME CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
26d 14h 7m
Reactions
14,565 1,217 0 0
and for fuck's sake PRONOUNCE HIS FUCKING NAME CORRECTLY!!!!!!!!!!!
What, you didn't like Shymafaggot's arbitrary language changes in live action Uhvatar?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
21d 19h 42m
Reactions
9,066 859 0 0
I just got around to watching Avatar and finishing up on Korra right now. Was the last season of Korra rushed or something? There were like 3 recapish episodes in a row or something right in the middle of the season.

Dandai

Often mistaken for Paul Allen
<Donors Crew>
13d 9h 32m
Reactions
770 39 0 0
I just got around to watching Avatar and finishing up on Korra right now. Was the last season of Korra rushed or something? There were like 3 recapish episodes in a row or something right in the middle of the season.
Don’t remember the specifics but iirc the budget got cut and the show was cancelled but the production staff wanted to give the series a proper ending. I also vaguely recall that the second half of the final season only aired on streaming over the internet and not TV? I could be completely making this up. It’s been a few years.

Gavinmad

Aten Ha Ra Slayer
26d 14h 7m
Reactions
14,565 1,217 0 0
Don’t remember the specifics but iirc the budget got cut and the show was cancelled but the production staff wanted to give the series a proper ending. I also vaguely recall that the second half of the final season only aired on streaming over the internet and not TV? I could be completely making this up. It’s been a few years.
Nick stopped airing the show during Season 3 and the remainder of Season 3 and all of Season 4 were online only. Had no effect on the budget for Season 4 because it wasn't a cancellation and Season 4 was already pretty deep in production at that point.

5d 21m
Reactions
2,289 643 0 0
They've been trying to continue/give Korra more of a wrap-up in comic form as well. The first 3 part comic dealt with the aftermath of the spirit portal in Republic City. The next comic is supposed to deal with Kuvira's trial.

Malakriss

Blackwing Lair Raider
Reactions
2,237 205 0 0
Korra aired during the cord cutting blitz (2012-2014) when all TV ratings began tanking and the networks thought the shows were performing badly. But then they put streams up online and found the numbers were still there.

'Legend of Korra: Book 3' shift to digital explained at Comic-Con 2014 - Zap2it | News & Features
"It's part of this huge sea change in the industry," Konietzko says. "Things have changed just for us between when we did 'Avatar: [The Last Airbender]' ... and when we came back on the air in 2012 [with 'Legend of Korra']. When 'Book 1' of 'Korra' came out, it did pretty good numbers on TV, but its online numbers were just insane."

"Legend of Korra's" numbers have been down on Nickelodeon for "Book 3," but Konietzko says that they've only grown on Nick.com, the Nickelodeon app and on streaming services. The "Book 2" finale, for example, was the biggest digital hit on the channel's website of the year. That seems to be what convinced Nickelodeon to have the show live online.