• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
2.00 star(s) Rating: 2.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

Overview: A Live action series based on the popular animated show from the same name.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
just announced a week or so ago,

They are going to Remake the animation series into Live Action on Netflix.

not coming for a year or two or three, but they got the original writers/producers/sound and sifu (martial arts director)back for the endeavor.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Why? Disney making all of their shit into live action I get cause it is possible to make $$$ off it. But why TLA?

Cybsled

The show started in 2003. Most of the people who watched it as young kids are now in that prime college age demographic, so they probably feel it is a good time for a live action attempt?

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
This series going live action gives me a mega boner.
Unless they alter and castrate the source material.
Then it should be earth bent into a toilet.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Oh my god, I had blocked how bad that movie was. I think my brain is melting due to this revelation.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
This series going live action gives me a mega boner.
Unless they alter and castrate the source material.
Then it should be earth bent into a toilet.

Wakandan is you retarded? They already took Avatar live action once and it resulted in one of the WORST MOVIES EVER MADE.

Oh my bad, they took UHvatar live action.

• 1Like

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Wakandan is you retarded? They already took Avatar live action once and it resulted in one of the WORST MOVIES EVER MADE.

Oh my bad, they took UHvatar live action.

Naw, I dont even consider that abortion of a "movie" to be real.
Fuckin give me a true Ang movie.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I just got around to watching Avatar and finishing up on Korra right now. Was the last season of Korra rushed or something? There were like 3 recapish episodes in a row or something right in the middle of the season.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I just got around to watching Avatar and finishing up on Korra right now. Was the last season of Korra rushed or something? There were like 3 recapish episodes in a row or something right in the middle of the season.
Don’t remember the specifics but iirc the budget got cut and the show was cancelled but the production staff wanted to give the series a proper ending. I also vaguely recall that the second half of the final season only aired on streaming over the internet and not TV? I could be completely making this up. It’s been a few years.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole

Don’t remember the specifics but iirc the budget got cut and the show was cancelled but the production staff wanted to give the series a proper ending. I also vaguely recall that the second half of the final season only aired on streaming over the internet and not TV? I could be completely making this up. It’s been a few years.

Nick stopped airing the show during Season 3 and the remainder of Season 3 and all of Season 4 were online only. Had no effect on the budget for Season 4 because it wasn't a cancellation and Season 4 was already pretty deep in production at that point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

They've been trying to continue/give Korra more of a wrap-up in comic form as well. The first 3 part comic dealt with the aftermath of the spirit portal in Republic City. The next comic is supposed to deal with Kuvira's trial.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Korra aired during the cord cutting blitz (2012-2014) when all TV ratings began tanking and the networks thought the shows were performing badly. But then they put streams up online and found the numbers were still there.

'Legend of Korra: Book 3' shift to digital explained at Comic-Con 2014 - Zap2it | News & Features
"It's part of this huge sea change in the industry," Konietzko says. "Things have changed just for us between when we did 'Avatar: [The Last Airbender]' ... and when we came back on the air in 2012 [with 'Legend of Korra']. When 'Book 1' of 'Korra' came out, it did pretty good numbers on TV, but its online numbers were just insane."

"Legend of Korra's" numbers have been down on Nickelodeon for "Book 3," but Konietzko says that they've only grown on Nick.com, the Nickelodeon app and on streaming services. The "Book 2" finale, for example, was the biggest digital hit on the channel's website of the year. That seems to be what convinced Nickelodeon to have the show live online.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
The original series is up on Netflix now and is trending as a lot of people re-watch and even more check it out for the first time. (I know many people who never even thought to look at it in the past because it was associated with Nickelodeon.)

Still makes me yearn for a third Avatar series that moves into a space-age. Especially as the overall relevance of 'bending' gets addressed in light of the non-bending stuff in Korra.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
11971-vmKhlv4yTJ0IdhvLroMEgkAL1bO.jpg

Title: Avatar: The Last Airbender

Genre: Action & Adventure, Drama

Overview: A Live action series based on the popular animated show from the same name.

Show info and poster added

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
Proud dad moment, I showed my sons avatar about 2 years ago since I loved it so much when it came out. The older one is watching it again on his own now that it is in Netflix.

Sevens

Log Wizard
This live action has me worried, as much as I loved Avatar:The last airbender I thought Korra was just horrible. Will be critical to find the perfect casting of the 4 main characters.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database