Avenue 5

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Avenue 5

Genre: Comedy

Creator: Armando Iannucci

Cast: Hugh Laurie, Josh Gad, Zach Woods, Nikki Amuka-Bird, Rebecca Front, Lenora Crichlow, Suzy Nakamura, Ethan Phillips, Himesh Patel

Overview: Space captain Ryan Clark of the Avenue 5 tries to get along with others in the space tourism industry.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I clicked on the thread, while I was clicking I saw comedy and clicked back. While I was clicking back I saw Hugh Laurie and clicked again.

I'm curious if it's any good.

spronk

FPS noob
its ok, only first episode is out and it spends a lot of time on setup so tough to say. Its not really "funny" so far in a Veep (same creator) sort of way, and I'm not even really sure what the show is trying to make fun of - corporations and bureaucracy and consumerism I guess? I don't think I really laughed once during the pilot but it was interesting enough that I'll keep watching.

Jared from Silicon Valley (Zach Wood) is in it as well, as is Josh Gad (frozen, beauty and beast live)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ShakyJake

<Donor>
It was mildly amusing. But as a sci-fi aficionado, the science of it was annoying. Yeah, i know, it's not supposed to be a hard sci-fi show, BUT:

1) They have anti-gravity implying they have achieved control over gravity, but have to use sling-shot maneuvers to move around the solar system
2) The transmission delay from ~Titan to Earth would be WAY more than 26 seconds.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Yeah that was annoying. I know that they did it for amusement of having the delay, but at that distance we are talking a delay of over an hour. People who watch the Expanse should be well aware of this.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
They have a cruise liner in space. They may have figured out a way to transmit faster. And the gravity thing might be generated within the ship and not be able to expanded outwards to affect trajectory. Also this is a tv show you fags.

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Show was goofy as fuck but amusing. Hugh Laurie is obviously great and somewhat outshines the rest of them.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Check out The Night Manager for more Hugh Laurie. Not many people saw it, but he plays a great bad guy.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Check out The Night Manager for more Hugh Laurie. Not many people saw it, but he plays a great bad guy.
I had heard this was good from multiple people so it goes on the pile. Is there one specific episode you would reccomend if I could only watch one (I have to watch a LOT of TV).

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I had heard this was good from multiple people so it goes on the pile. Is there one specific episode you would reccomend if I could only watch one (I have to watch a LOT of TV).

It's only 6 episodes, and the one I recommend would spoil a lot of the core plot. But if the idea of Tom Hiddelson being a fish-out-of-water spy trying to take on Laurie as the worlds biggest illegal arms dealer appeals to you, then I'd just dive right in.

• 1Solidarity

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
It's only 6 episodes, and the one I recommend would spoil a lot of the core plot. But if the idea of Tom Hiddelson being a fish-out-of-water spy trying to take on Laurie as the worlds biggest illegal arms dealer appeals to you, then I'd just dive right in.
Sold.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

wamphyr

Molten Core Raider
It was kindof shitty. The setting hurts it, i think, doesnt blend well with this kind of weird humor.

spronk

FPS noob
I hate Josh Gad and he didn't do anything to change that opinion

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database