Back 4 Blood

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Cybsled

It’s LFD3 in all but name. Same dev house is making this, minus Valve as publisher

Cybsled

Reminds me of that skit Siractionslacks did with Gaben during one of the TIs. They try to get him to say 3 and he cant actually say the word.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
They should call it Generic Dialogue Zombie Game. But yeah I'm in. I could never get my son to play L4D or Vermintide but maybe this one will be the trick!

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I could never get my son to play Vermintide
OIP.Rong202gWGpS_YwBLhjzKwHaE4

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
beta signups are up

also a video leaked that this game will be on gamepass day 1 (not sure if pc+console or just console)

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
Initially, I WAS interested in this…but they lost me at ‘build your deck of cards before each mission’.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Initially, I WAS interested in this…but they lost me at ‘build your deck of cards before each mission’.
So it should just be another repetitive entry into the horde survival genre rather than an attempt at innovating some new angle on the gameplay? The card system is the only reason I'm interested in this at all.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
So it should just be another repetitive entry into the horde survival genre rather than an attempt at innovating some new angle on the gameplay? The card system is the only reason I'm interested in this at all.

Its a co-op zombie shooter. I want big guns, big explosions, lots of horde, and zero thinking. Not strategy on which cards to spec for a mission.

• 1Like

Cybsled

Strategy element that you grind does give the game more legs, though. Especially if you run harder versions of the non-PVP parts.

Left4Dead the strategy was usually "run really fucking fast so all the infected spawns get messed up and you just yolo past 80% of the map"

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
What's the card thing about? They taking a zombie shooter and turning into some magic the gathering neck beard shit?

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Its a co-op zombie shooter. I want big guns, big explosions, lots of horde, and zero thinking. Not strategy on which cards to spec for a mission.
World War Z already exists and is a perfectly fine up to date co-op zombie shooter. It has very clean gameplay and a hook in the semi-stealthy sections between the loud horde sections. Why should I spend money on Back 4 Blood if it doesn't have some kind of unique hook of its own?

Cybsled

What's the card thing about? They taking a zombie shooter and turning into some magic the gathering neck beard shit?

If you played FO76, think perk cards

If you haven’t, it’s basically a talent system

• 1Like

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, these games become significantly less fun once you "solve" them.

Vermintide tried cosmetics to reward long term play. A kindof terrible item/weapon system. Events/rewards. and winds of chaos to spice things up.

They probably just should have not called it "cards". Afflictions/boons/virtues, etc..

• 1Like