Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Karlach is a golden retriever in the body of a giant devil woman. She was dealt the worst hand of any companion before the game starts and suffers throughout into a tragic ending. Despite that, she wags her tail any chance she gets and doesn't mind giving a male Tav the orgasm of a lifetime.
My first play through me her and will went to hell to kill zariel. My honor run I turned her into a squidward, she was okay with that. Still haven't seen her turn into a roman candle.

Chris

Potato del Grande
OK started on Tactician Mode, the one above normal difficulty?

Second battle is a 150hp devil in hell who one shots the party and the NPC can't tank for long enough while you run past.

Google says use Command: Drop Weapon so the NPC lives longer and now I have his sword, except after the crash I found everyone but Laezel who had it equipped. Assumed she was a Goblin prisoner but google says she's near the start point which I guess I didn't explore as throughly as I thought, so need to go find her.

Died a few times on big encounters so lost chucks of progress due to limited auto save.

I'm having a blast.

Only googled those two things, I want to avoid an Elden Ring situation where I sucked so badly on my first souls game that I had to google an entire build and focus skipping to the places that had the items I needed.

I'm going to murder the goblins AND the asshole Druids, don't care what anyone tells me. I'm champion of the downtrodden.

Didn't see an alignment choice, but companions are reacting differently to my choices (Asterion hates my charisma based diplomacy?).

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
OK started on Tactician Mode, the one above normal difficulty?

Second battle is a 150hp devil in hell who one shots the party and the NPC can't tank for long enough while you run past.

Google says use Command: Drop Weapon so the NPC lives longer and now I have his sword, except after the crash I found everyone but Laezel who had it equipped. Assumed she was a Goblin prisoner but google says she's near the start point which I guess I didn't explore as throughly as I thought, so need to go find her.

Died a few times on big encounters so lost chucks of progress due to limited auto save.

I'm having a blast.

Only googled those two things, I want to avoid an Elden Ring situation where I sucked so badly on my first souls game that I had to google an entire build and focus skipping to the places that had the items I needed.

I'm going to murder the goblins AND the asshole Druids, don't care what anyone tells me. I'm champion of the downtrodden.

Didn't see an alignment choice, but companions are reacting differently to my choices (Asterion hates my charisma based diplomacy?).
Not sure why you are having problems with saves on tactician. You can save scum all you want. Honor is much more interesting with that aspect.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Not sure why you are having problems with saves on tactician. You can save scum all you want. Honor is much more interesting with that aspect.
Yeah but you have to manually save before encounters and I haven't had a game require that for a long time.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Yeah but you have to manually save before encounters and I haven't had a game require that for a long time.
Most games aren't nearly as generous. They have check points requiring you to redo lots of useless content every time you restart. Letting you manually save any time anywhere trivializes a lot of content. You can manually save before important skill checks to guarantee you pass. Looking at that as a negative seems kind of silly. It makes the game ridiculously easy.

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Looks like this stops at lvl 12 or whatever for good. Not planned to have any xpac or go any further.
I imagine they are working on a new IP. No sense forking over a ton of money to useless wizards of the coast for licencing when their own product is 100x better.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Yeah I knew this would fall apart

All those "with the system they've built! The planes and beyond!" lol uh huh

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Bald Brah

Bronze Squire
Yeah I knew this would fall apart

All those "with the system they've built! The planes and beyond!" lol uh huh
Fall apart? They were successful beyond their wildest dreams. 15 million copies sold and a ton of awards. I think they realize they can stand on their own now without any problems and don't need wizards of the coast to prop them up and leech their profits.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider
(Asterion hates my charisma based diplomacy?).
Astarion is much more chaotic favoring than diplomacy. Letting shit explode and devolve into a blood bath makes him giddy (mostly).

If you kill the druids, but save the tieflings, Will/Karlach will stay I think, both of them are good natured folks but will leave if you murder the tieflings too.

Gith chick prefers the strong survive, thats her driving motivation. Won't care about murder (she killed something like 4 people during her 'training phase' as an adolescent.

Shadowheart only cares about Shar, won't care if you ransack the druids.

Gale... fucked if I know, dudes a weird guy who will stick his dick in anything.