Baldur's Gate 3 by Larian Games

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Baldur's Gate

super-saiyan-alex-jones.gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Better be your character at god levels raiding god dungeons. No reboot shit.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Reserving judgement because the people doing this, while great for republishing the old games, had pretty mediocre additional content in those games. Im glad to see it, but keeping expectations extremely low.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Not really sure where you can go with the story of the Bhaalspawns at this point....

Hope they include a finale to the Black Pits. Last one was pretty cool.

edit: This isn't Baldurs Gate 3. It's Baldurs Gate 1.5 It will bridge the gap between the first two games.

New Baldur's Gate About To Be Announced

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What's there to bridge? seems pointless.

Would much rather have a new game set in the Forgotten Realms.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
It does seem kinda lame, like the well is quite dry already. I'm playing through IWD:EE now and the story is basically some demon gets kicked out of hell and starts shit with a snake bitch and you're caught in the middle. Really don't need to go on much to make a good hacky-slashy RPG.

IWD2 is some twins get butthurt about food poisoning.

Sir Funk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Then they should be making IWD 1.5, not BG3! The story and world and characters better be awesome if they're going to call it a BG game.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>
yeah, feels like a pretty unnecessary interlude in the baldur's gate story. maybe it's time for a new series in the forgotten realms. The Huzuz trilogy!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I ran out of steam in that power of eternity or whatever game. I'm not sure why, I loved PS:T, NWN games and a few others. Never really got into BG but I hope it's good.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Loved original Baldur's Gate and uncovered every bit of fog of war, until I hit level cap. Mod to remove/raise cap came far too late.
Baldur's Gate 2 didn't start out with my beloved characters but continued in story as if their starter characters were indeed my own. Didn't get far into it at all.

Loved Baldur's Gate on XBox, but that was a completely different game.

Pretty much no energy for love of this game. Tapped out as some had said.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
It would behoove them to make another IWD game due to the excellent grasp of the engine but a dumb as hell grasp on the Forgotten Realms.

There is no room between BG1 and BG2...you are the same relative level when you get captured between the games. And sure as shit they are not going to get David (There are four lights) Warner to do Irenecus.

Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I thought a separate, Forgotten Realms game was in the works? Or is this it?

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
It would behoove them to make another IWD game due to the excellent grasp of the engine but a dumb as hell grasp on the Forgotten Realms.

There is no room between BG1 and BG2...you are the same relative level when you get captured between the games. And sure as shit they are not going to get David (There are four lights) Warner to do Irenecus.

Understand this as you die, ever pathetic, ever fools.
Irenicus is a fucking gangster - easily one of the best video game villains I've come across (see sig quote).

Anyway definitely going to wait on reviews before I pick this up - I don't have any problem with the concept inherently, the opening cinematic for BG2 leaves plenty of room for adventures between killing Sarevok and getting picked up by Irenicus, but I was less than impressed with the new content that Beamdog added to the BGEE (ok that's putting it mildly, the new NPC quests/zones were un-engaging, aesthetically lacking and buggy to the point of unplayability, and the gladiator crap they added as a sidegame had absolutely nothing to do with the BG series, was boring and just felt like a chance for someone to latch their pet project onto a famous title, when they could have been using the time and resources to work on the actual game).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Bought it and downloaded it, but too busy playing Black Desert. I can probably run both while I'm fishing....

It's getting fantastic reviews, and as it turns out very nicely explains the gap between the Death of Sarevok and your abduction by Irenicus. They brought back some of the original talent, including voices clearly making this the longest fucking time between when a game was released and it's 2nd expansion pack after Sword Coast.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Bought it and downloaded it, but too busy playing Black Desert. I can probably run both while I'm fishing....

It's getting fantastic reviews, and as it turns out very nicely explains the gap between the Death of Sarevok and your abduction by Irenicus. They brought back some of the original talent, including voices clearly making this the longest fucking time between when a game was released and it's 2nd expansion pack after Sword Coast.
And they also went full-SJW. I was hoping it was some sort of retarded April Fools joke, but it's not.