Barbarian (2022)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
3.43 star(s) Rating: 3.43/5 7 Votes
Title: Barbarian (2022)

Tagline: Some stay for a night. Some stay for a week. Some never leave.

Genre: Thriller, Horror

Director: Zach Cregger

Cast: Georgina Campbell, Bill Skarsgård, Justin Long, Richard Brake, Jaymes Butler, Sophie Sörensen, Matthew Patrick Davis, Kalina Stancheva, J.R. Esposito, Trevor Van Uden

Release: 2022-09-09

Plot: In town for a job interview, a young woman arrives at her Airbnb late at night only to find that it has been mistakenly double-booked and a strange man is already staying there. Against her better judgement, she decides to stay the night anyway, but soon discovers that there is much more to be afraid of in the house than the other house guest.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Edit: I take it back, this doesn't look bad at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I don't do trailers on horror in some time now. It's just not a good idea.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Dr.Retarded

<Silver Donator>
I don't do trailers on horror in some time now. It's just not a good idea.
Yeah, I'll try to watch maybe the first like 30 seconds or just enough to give me an idea on whether or not it looks like a decent production or something interesting. But the moment you watch a two and a half minute trailer, you've probably ruined the movie. I guess there really is an art to making an effective trailer that doesn't reveal the story, makes the movie look intriguing, but also doesn't hood wink the audience.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie was really good. Had a few good twists that keep you guessing.

• 3Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Juvarisx

Florida
Was defiantly interestingly filmed, the writers had a vision and they stuck to it. Justin Long played a great Hollywood sleezeball, and they rest of the actors did a great job. It's still weird to me for Bill Skarsgard to have a regular accent, but he's always a joy to see since he has a distinctive look.

I'd say 8/10 since its not wholly original but does well with material that has been shown before. A lot of it was like that really good and disturbing X-Files episode with the mutant family (kinda spoilers but you know the one)

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Holy shit. If you thought it was boring, I am afraid to know what you watch every day that would put this in the category of boring. I could see not liking it... but to say it sucks is a stretch too far. It is a well constructed, written, and acted movie. It is a complete experience, with good pacing from start to finish.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't think it was boring, just bad. Really, really bad.

If you enjoy watching the modern trend of Hollywood writhing in the throes of autoerotic self-flagellation you'll love it. If you want, you know, an actual good movie, avoid at all costs.

• 2Like
  • 1WTF
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Homsar

Didn't think it was boring, just bad. Really, really bad.

If you enjoy watching the modern trend of Hollywood writhing in the throes of autoerotic self-flagellation you'll love it. If you want, you know, an actual good movie, avoid at all costs.
You're making me feel apocalyptic

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ok the trailer grabbed enough of my interest to read the entire plot...I give no fucks about spoilers.

LOL this sounds fucking insane, but there are some plot points that make me have my doubts.

It's on HBOMax...anyone else willing to give this a go and report back? :trump:

• 1Like

Rabbit_Games

Molten Core Raider
It was meh. Definitely dragged on when it didn't need to, and went out of its way to push the "Defund the police because they're useless and you should hate them" message.

• 1Salty

Animosity

and went out of its way to push the "Defund the police because they're useless and you should hate them" message.
I hate cops and thats not the message I got at all. To me it was they are in Detroit and a dirty clothed manic black chick is just another strung out homeless person that they deal with every 5 minutes.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Underrated. Not as good as Cabin In The Woods but has a similar twist vibe different from standard horror stuff.

Not sure it has an "anti-cop" vibe given the crackheads Detroit police likely deal with daily and how ham-stringed they are legally.

Not to mention it highlights what an absolute shit hole Detroit has become from the days of Motown.

Well worth a watch. 👍

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database