Battlefield 2042

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

hory

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Good if they can get the BF source we might get a decent game.

Edit looks like just the engine.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I liked them both, but BF4 had more, bigger, more weapons to unlock, etc... Maps were not 1/2 bad either. It still has a big following to this day. BF1 is when they lost me. I played BF5 for a bit, and it was better than 1 but still lacking because of boring loadouts.

But hey, whatever BF you liked, it does not matter. Waht matters is if they can get this tank back on its tracks with this game.

spronk

FPS noob
its kinda funny how battlefield 4 launched in a complete clusterfuck with netcode and took months and months to fix

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I liked them both, but BF4 had more, bigger, more weapons to unlock, etc... Maps were not 1/2 bad either. It still has a big following to this day. BF1 is when they lost me. I played BF5 for a bit, and it was better than 1 but still lacking because of boring loadouts.

But hey, whatever BF you liked, it does not matter. Waht matters is if they can get this tank back on its tracks with this game.
BF4 did have the best unlock system, that's true.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team

They completely fucked loadouts for the support class when they needed mmgs into uselessness.

I haven't seen anyone try to use one in over a year.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
its kinda funny how battlefield 4 launched in a complete clusterfuck with netcode and took months and months to fix
YEah it probabaly would have been a way bigger game than it was because of the issues at launch. Shit consoles had problems for months. Stuttering, rubber banding etc....

gauze

Molten Core Raider
Having had a few conversations with some friends as we talked about our different BF experiences.. I'm kinda excited for the concept of "hero classes" for Battlefield series. Esp if its in lieu of Rainbow 6 Siege.. or even Valorant, where each are more/less the same with different flair.. in short, smoke is a smoke, fundamentally, but there are different nuances on how its used, or how it functions making space for composition..

Something I thought about was that we never really got to see the tacticals being updated a lot, mostly just new gun additions. Having access to different archetypes of the traditional roles sounds pretty slick. One thing I hated was not being able to configure a class to a gun. An example that I ran into recently was my friend wanting to be a shotgun whore but with smokes in BF5, but the shotgun is limited to Support, and smokes were limited to Medic.. I personally always liked running Recon but with an SMG, Pistol, CQB Boltie, or Shotgun.. if I could add some sort of vehicle explosive, i'd easily just go sappin.

Either way, we will see.. could be awful, could be great.. but that teaser for the gameplay hit the spot.. I'm ready to fuck some shit up w/ an apache.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Count Me In Rick And Morty GIF

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They said that no gameplay features, like maps, weapons or kits introduced in the season passes, would require you to pay. The season passes are like Fortnite, you pay for the premium tier that has more cosmetic unlocks.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm still unconvinced that adding even more players will actually make the game more fun, considering I've had the most fun lately playing Titanfall 2 which is only 6v6, and the best Battlefield game (BC2) did not have particularly large maps either.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users