Battlefield V

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

spronk

FPS noob
mbqd6Bz.jpg

Announcement stream Wed, May 23d at 4pm EST / 1pm PST.

Hosted by Trevor Noah, host of the Daily Show. I guess the theme is "things that ruined stuff you used to like".

Its probably World War 2 themed after Battlefield 1 was WW1, although there is a possibility it could be Vietnam and/or Bad Company 3 themed. Unlikely though.

Its also rumored to have a Battle Royale mode although it will probably be a post launch, DLC kind of thing instead of in at launch.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Well color me interdasted!

I REALLY hope...like small animal sacrifice hope, that it's 2143.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

BF BR would be the tits If they had fully destructible buildings like Bad Company, vehicles hidden around the map, and BF gunplay.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
BF BR would be the tits If they had fully destructible buildings like Bad Company, vehicles hidden around the map, and BF gunplay.

The amount of butthurt from running around Arica harbor in BR mode equipped with a USAS w/ Frag rounds would be glorious.

Last edited:

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
I have no faith in them unfucking the series. BF1 was fun but optimization, maps and support was dogshit.

We'll see what they bring to the table.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
What the fuck? Trevor fucking Noah? Seriously? How fucking retarded is EA?

Also, BF1 was an abomination. Vehicles where nothing more than shitty powerups. Basically a fucking WW1 mod for Battlefront. Ive played the BF series pretty religiously from 1942 and I stopped playing BF1 2-3 months after release because it just wasnt a Battlefield game.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
well Call of Duty Black Ops 4 announcement today revealed a battle royale mode, no single player campaign so lets see what DICE is up to

sadly BO4 did not get announced by Samantha Bee, Activision really missed their chance to one up EA there

Hekotat

Well they keep saying "Battlefield will never be the same". I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to do some absolutely dumb shit with the franchise.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well Call of Duty Black Ops 4 announcement today revealed a battle royale mode, no single player campaign so lets see what DICE is up to

sadly BO4 did not get announced by Samantha Bee, Activision really missed their chance to one up EA there

Frostbite is more than able to handle a 100-man BR mode so I'm sure the next Battlefield will have it. I'm skeptical how Call of Duty's engine will handle a 100-man BR.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Frostbite is more than able to handle a 100-man BR mode so I'm sure the next Battlefield will have it. I'm skeptical how Call of Duty's engine will handle a 100-man BR.

Yeah I doubt the latter too. I would guess smaller maps and 18 players max (What they are testing right now in China in Call of Duty Online Supposedly)

Also I do not think Battle Royale modes need to be locked at 100 players. I would guess BF5, if they come out with a royale mode, will be 64.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Something just sounds right with 100 though imo. Far more epic than 64.

• 1Like

Hekotat

You never see all those people at one time other than the lobby so it's kind of a moot point.

Smaller, lower player count maps that insanely polished with spectacular gunplay would make for faster games and better mid game.

• 1Like