Battlejack - PAD meets blackjack meets Summoners War

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

monnoh

Golden Squire
Battlejack recently had a global release. I tried it out and it's keeping my interest so far. It's a gacha game that borrows heavily from PAD and Summoners War.

The combat is similar to PAD except instead of matching 3 you draw from a deck of colored cards similar to blackjack. You draw until you hit the attack button or your sum total exceeds 21. After you hit attack, the monsters that share a color with the cards you pulled make an attack, and if you manage to get 21 your entire team attacks and gets a big damage multiplier bonus. Monsters can also have 1 special and 1 combo ability that is on a cd timer.

You make monsters by leveling them up and evolving them (1-6 stars) and by using scrolls to level up their special abilities. Their stats can also be improved by equipping up to 5 runes. The rune system is very similar to Summoners War in that equipping runes of the same set grants a bonus and runes can be leveled and gain substats.

There is a pvp arena with a ladder system added and you can also join a guild. Guild content currently consists of donating monsters to guild members and battling titans. Titans are solo fights but you can bring a guildie's monster to help you.

I made a guild ingame (Fires of Heaven), but the guild and friend systems have some kinks in them (guild status is forcibly set to "open" so anyone can join, yet you cannot search for a specific guild, you kinda have to stumble upon them - you also can't add friends except after you use some rando's monster to help you in a battle) that I mailed them about so hopefully they make that stuff suck less.

Battlejack - Android-apps op Google Play
'Battlejack' in de App Store