1. So I have finally brought a new discord online and brought all the other ones to it. Guest please join us there for chat!

Once you click chat and join the sever you can link your Discord to the forum and get all the permissions you have here. Click here to link accounts.

Dismiss Notice
  2. So we want to start branching out to Twitch and YouTube and get the community out there.

If you have a Twitch stream or YouTube and want to get involved message suineg
    Dismiss Notice

Better Call Saul

Discussion in 'TV House' started by Shonuff, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Shonuff Well-Known Member

Shonuff
    Ratings:
    +269
    Rating: 4.71/5 - 7 Votes
    b6tpspJMOauCQqud0KOcwNSq3F3.jpg
    Better Call Saul

Genre: Comedy, Crime, Drama

First Aired: 2015-02-08

Overview: Six years before Saul Goodman meets Walter White. We meet him when the man who will become Saul Goodman is known as Jimmy McGill, a small-time lawyer searching for his destiny, and, more immediately, hustling to make ends meet. Working alongside, and, often, against Jimmy, is “fixer” Mike Erhmantraut. The series will track Jimmy's transformation into Saul Goodman, the man who puts “criminal” in “criminal lawyer".

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/...happening.html

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=yUXAgUo...%3DyUXAgUoPa3U

#1 Shonuff, Sep 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2017
  2. Grimmlokk Well-Known Member

Grimmlokk
    Ratings:
    +106
    I was gonna make a new thread, search FTW!

tl;dr: Source says Walt and Jesse will at least make an appearance in the show some way or other.

3. Thorpe Active Member

Thorpe
    Ratings:
    +97
    AMC orders second season of 'Breaking Bad' spinoff 'Better Call Saul'

4. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +29,518
    are they even sure people will want to see it? its gonna debut almost 2 years after the final season of breaking bad. the only reason i will watch is because gilligan is involved, odenkirk and the saul character are cool enough but without cranston or even jessie (i already forgot the actor's rl name) what is my motivation for watching? granted if the show has mike and gustavo fring in it too, that changes things quite a bit. at least give us a pilot

5. Grimmlokk Well-Known Member

Grimmlokk
    Ratings:
    +106
    You're right, you probably shouldn't watch.

6. khalid Unelected Mod

khalid
    Ratings:
    +5,767
    If Saul isn't an interesting enough character to carry the show, it will fail. Anyone watching it for anything other than that is setting themselves up for disappointment.

7. DONOR

cabbitcabbit
    Ratings:
    +264
    Saul always worked very well around other characters fucking up. If that's the basis that he has a case of the week with some criminal retard then I think it will be ok. I have confidence in Odenkirk. The guy has has had his fingers in some of the funniest shit over the past 20 years (minus the Andy Dick show)

8. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +29,518
    he plays very well off other singular characters, as khalid said, him carrying this show on his own is the big question. i dont know, walt, jesse and mike basically treated him like a little bitch and his secretary seemed to have more balls than he had.

9. Noodleface Delicious Noodles
    DONOR

Noodleface
    Ratings:
    +5,109
    He might not have had balls, but he knew his shit. Without Saul the boys would've never gone anywhere.

10. DONOR

Tarrant
    Ratings:
    +510
    Agreed. Don't watch it, Astro.

11. chaos nazi mods fuck off
    DONOR

chaos
    Ratings:
    +1,653
    Don't let these guys control your destiny, Astrobro. Watch it twice every week. Because fuck them.

12. DONOR

Ambiturner
    Ratings:
    +1,533
    He's a slimy lawyer, not John fucking Rambo. What a bizarre complaint.

13. Ossoi Well-Known Member

Ossoi
    Ratings:
    +1,318
    I can't reply to him because he's on ignore - but I agree with the sentiment, please don't watch so we can enjoy discussing this TV show without having to put up with your bullshit

14. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +29,518
    not really. name one show that you have ever watched that centers around a guy who gets pushed around every week? not expecting rambo obviously, but i dont exactly want a weasel either. we will see, hopefully saul grew a backbone when the gangsters stopped breathing down his neck.

15. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +29,518
    not really. name one show that you have ever watched that centers around a guy who gets pushed around every week? not expecting rambo obviously, but i dont exactly want a weasel either. we will see, hopefully saul grew a backbone when the gangsters stopped breathing down his neck.

16. chaos nazi mods fuck off
    DONOR

chaos
    Ratings:
    +1,653
    Saul was pretty fucking alpha himself, but the people he was dealing with were on a whole nother level. I imagine you would be pretty easily cowed when faced with the guy who just blew up a Mexican/Chilean drug lord.

17. SUPER DONOR

Tuco
    Ratings:
    +18,798
    No way to tell how good it is until they show it. But if the people involved already signed onto a second season then it's probably good.

18. Cantatus Well-Known Member

Cantatus
    Ratings:
    +78
    It's going to more depend on what sort of supporting cast they are able to come up with. The most successful sitcoms are those that don't just rely on the main character to carry the entire show. Frasier had Niles and Martin. Alan Shore had Denny Crane. George Jefferson had Florence. Regardless of how interesting of a character Saul is, he just can't carry the show. Especially with the show being an hour long, it's going to need strong supporting characters - characters whose existence aren't contingent on Saul's acknowledgment, but ones that have their own lives and storylines. In my opinion, it's those characters that the show will live and die on, not Saul.

19. DONOR

Ambiturner
    Ratings:
    +1,533
    He was pretty ballsy when he dealt with police/DEA. Talking shit to them the whole time. But no, he wasn't getting in the faces of people who were mass murderers. And the only time he was scared of Jesse was when Jesse was flipping out and put a gun in his face

20. Chukzombi Well-Known Member

Chukzombi
    Ratings:
    +29,518
    this is true, he was pretty ballsy when he was using the law as his shield. if one of those cops had grabbed him by the tie and punched him in the face, he would have......... sued them. yeah

TV Show information in first post provided by The Movie Database