Better Jeans and Where to Find Them

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
For real does anyone have any jeans advice?

Been using Levis for decades and honestly it's mainly out of desperation, they aren't "Cheap" (sub 50) but they are cheaply made. I don't give a shit about spending more for jeans if they last longer but the last batch maybe last a year or two before they poofed and the one before that wasn't much different.

None of this billion pocket bullshit or pre-ripped faggotry please.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>
Last time I mentioned these I got mocked because they're pricey but IDGAF because I wait until they're on sale and buy them for about $100.

They're stretchy and honestly the most comfortable jeans I've ever had, they look good on me, and they're durable. Also, Nordstrom has the best return policy I've ever seen. They will just take shit back without question if you ever have a problem. They're a stretch material which is super comfortable and a little more form fitting but not tight.

The Tellis is the skinny, the Everett is in the middle and the Graduate is the more relaxed fit. I usually wear the Everett because I'm 45.

The pants are great too, I usually buy 1-2 pairs every year during sales, I have a pair of Navy, Khaki, Grey and Denim and I just mix and match them with everything and I know exactly how they will fit and look and I wear them all the time.

Do not buy them at full price, get them at the $100 mark.

Men's AG | Nordstrom

Edit: Nordstrom also does on site tailoring so I get mine hemmed for free.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
These are fantastic. They have 5% spandex in them so they are jean tough, but have some stretch. I and several coworkers converted our entire pants collections over to these or variations. Lee’s brand had the best value for price and quality imo, but there are several companies that do these now. All the various styles and cuts are available depending on what style of Jean you wear.

LEE Men's Modern Series Extreme...

• 2Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
These would be the "dad" jean, but I like some of the darker washes too.

AG Everett Slim Straight Leg Jeans (15 Years Aria) | Nordstrom
These are fantastic. They have 5% spandex in them so they are jean tough, but have some stretch. I and several coworkers converted our entire pants collections over to these or variations. Lee’s brand had the best value for price and quality imo, but there are several companies that do these now. All the various styles and cuts are available depending on what style of Jean you wear.

LEE Men's Modern Series Extreme...

Is spandex blend stronger?

One of the driving reasons I am switching from Levi 100% cotton is because they seem to wear out pretty damn fast.

I may just hit them up since they are on sale for as much as the lee's.

JUST GOTTA LOSE SOME WEIGHT AGAIN BECAUSE MY FATASS THIGHS. FUCK

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

One of the driving reasons I am switching from Levi 100% cotton is because they seem to wear out pretty damn fast.

The spandex gives it stretch so it feels like you’re wearing sweatpants. So as your waistline moves up or down, or you’re bloated for a day, there’s no pinching, it just stretches out.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I only buy Levi's shrink to fit 501s, buy them bigger and longer then put them on and sit in the tub with warm water for an hour.

You'll accomplish two things. Staining your tub indigo and having the best fitting jeans.

You need the ones with the red tab.

1568160973978.png

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I'll keep that in mind when I'm laying pipe to my wife.

I'm serious, girls dig button flys it makes a very distinct sound when you pull the fly open and the buttons pop. They fucking love to do it.

Google Button fly jeans sex. And you'll find tons of articles from women talking about it.

Synj

Dystopian Dreamer
<Gold Donor>

They stretch bro. Hateyou Hateyou is right, they feel like sweat pants and they’re soft as shit.

I am a convert and won’t go back to traditional denim unless you’re actually using them for horseback riding or protection from stickers or something.

These aren’t rugged jeans, they’re city jeans.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Cheap: Wrangler 88MWZ
Best: Ironheart. They'll hand measure specific pairs for the best fit.

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
I prefer the Wranglers, I've just recently bought 2 pairs of the Greensboro ones in different colours. They fit nice, are comfy and although I cant speak to longevity yet they don't feel flimsy. The last pairs of Lee's I had lasted about 5 minutes, they wore out on the arse just from loafing about.

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I also went from Levi's to Lee about two years ago. The Levi's seemed to be getting cheaper and cheaper quality, and I do like the slightly stretchy feel of the Lee.

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Pro-tip: if your jeans are tight enough they need to be stretchy, OR if your jeans are made partly of spandex, those are ladies jeans. In case a picture helps, this is what Mens jeans look like
1568206543654.png

1568206587724.png

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Garbage

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just chiming in to say that the recent trend of slim stretchy jeans is great. They fit awesomely but still remain really comfortable. I'm poor so I just get the cheap Walmart ones, but I've tried on more expensive ones and yeah. Go a size down from your normal and get the stretchy ones, you won't regret it.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Pro-tip: if your jeans are tight enough they need to be stretchy, OR if your jeans are made partly of spandex, those are ladies jeans. In case a picture helps, this is what Mens jeans look like
View attachment 222574
View attachment 222575

The stretch jeans are not tight unless you want them to be, they make them in every single cut. I have some baggy ass boot cuts in stretch material, and some smaller straight cuts. They aren’t stretching around your ass, they just have stretch overall, so when you’re moving, sitting, waist bloated they have room to move, unlike traditional jeans.

They look identical to what you posted. Your statement is indicative that you’ve never tried them and have no idea what you’re talking about.

33817EE7-8EB9-4EFC-89FC-0E6122559DCE.jpeg