Beyond Good and Evil 2

Sithro

Molten Core Raider
I feel like this is going to be a sequel that everyone wishes hadn't happened when it actually does come out. I said it in the last thread, but it looks like corporate decided that the series wasn't edgy enough, so they added a bunch of F bombs and made it post apocalyptic looking. Also the main character from the original isn't even there. The fuck?

I'm wishing for the best but I have a bad feeling about this.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I feel like this is going to be a sequel that everyone wishes hadn't happened when it actually does come out. I said it in the last thread, but it looks like corporate decided that the series wasn't edgy enough, so they added a bunch of F bombs and made it post apocalyptic looking. Also the main character from the original isn't even there. The fuck?

But... but... its multi-cultural and multi-ethnic! It has to be good!

Cgi trailer was great looking though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Exactly my thoughts. I remember being angry that the game seemed forgotten back around E3 2013 or so, when it still could have been a great follow-up to the original. In CURRENT_YEAR though? Not a fucking chance.

Amzin

Lord Nagafen Raider
It's a prequel, so that just reinforces the idea that the only way to get a BG&E game made was to make concessions, so he made it a prequel. If it makes enough dumptrucks of cash maybe they can push out the actual sequels that were supposed to happen forever ago.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
I dunno why everyone is freaking out about multi-cultural shit. Its not like it was shoved down your throat. Pretty sure it was one and done. Talk about triggered.

• 1Like
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I dunno why everyone is freaking out about multi-cultural shit. Its not like it was shoved down your throat. Pretty sure it was one and done. Talk about triggered.

Because this is the current year where anti-SJW people are infinitely more triggered by perceived SJW catering than SJWs ever were

• 1SJW
  • 1Triggered
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 3 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, tell that to the people making The Last Night.

• 2Solidarity

Szlia

As far as the writing go, before being worried with questions of representation and diversity, I think they should have worried about tone. I am not sure I am ready to root for a couple who just crashed a flying fortress on a city (even if the people manning said fortress thought it was A-Ok to fire missiles in the middle of said city...).

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Pretty sure the girl at the end is the original character, she's got the same green eyes, and they made sure to get a close up on those.

Could be good, could be bad, looks intriguing at least, but the overuse of F-words reminds me of foreigners who only learned english by watching movies and TV shows, it's funny and cringy at the same time.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Random aside. Was the monkey being VO'd by Ninja from Die Antwoord? sounded like him as well as the vocals for the music.

spronk

FPS noob
well that was a nice trailer but this game is never coming out.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is wildly ambitious, but it’s still at ‘day zero’ of development
It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It’s also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game’s key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

“There’s still a lot of work to do,” Ancel says, “but we now really believe that we’re going to make this game.”

Three years ago they started working on the technology that would power the experience — it started out as a kind of solar system simulation tool — and only recently have they started actually building the game. “When you don’t have this technology, you can’t really start the game,” Ancel explains. “It’s too difficult. But now we can say for sure that we will make this game, we’ll finish it. Because we have the technology for it.” He describes the game’s current status as “day zero of development.”
It all sounds incredibly ambitious, especially when you consider that Ancel also wants to treat Beyond Good & Evil 2 as something of an early access title, with a community of players offering feedback and testing early prototypes. The version of the game I saw, meanwhile, was still in a very early state. The graphics were mostly placeholder (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
well that was a nice trailer but this game is never coming out.

Beyond Good & Evil 2 is wildly ambitious, but it’s still at ‘day zero’ of development
It combines elements of online worlds, early-access releases, role-playing games, and procedural generation. It’s also, admittedly, still pretty rough around the edges. Many of the game’s key elements — from graphics to combat to narrative — are still being implemented.

“There’s still a lot of work to do,” Ancel says, “but we now really believe that we’re going to make this game.”

Three years ago they started working on the technology that would power the experience — it started out as a kind of solar system simulation tool — and only recently have they started actually building the game. “When you don’t have this technology, you can’t really start the game,” Ancel explains. “It’s too difficult. But now we can say for sure that we will make this game, we’ll finish it. Because we have the technology for it.” He describes the game’s current status as “day zero of development.”
It all sounds incredibly ambitious, especially when you consider that Ancel also wants to treat Beyond Good & Evil 2 as something of an early access title, with a community of players offering feedback and testing early prototypes. The version of the game I saw, meanwhile, was still in a very early state. The graphics were mostly placeholder (Ancel says that “two weeks ago there were no graphics”) while aspects like combat and any kind of narrative aspect had yet to be implemented.
oh ffs.

yeah. this is dead.
If we ever get something, its going to be a major letdown. thelastgaurdian is best case scenario.

Rafterman

Molten Core Raider
Yeah, tell that to the people making The Last Night.

Yeah, anyone who claims that the anti-SJW crowd are worse than the SJW crowd ever were need look no further than this fucking train wreck.

"The Last Night" (Milkshake Duck incarnate) E3 Trailer [XBO/Win10/Steam 2018]

The worlds most popular gaming site, ladies and gentlemen, talking about E3 announcements! Yeah, anti's aren't even close to as triggered about anything, really.

And, yes, this game isn't even a game. It's a trailer announcement for a game that started development about the same time they showed the video.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This looks like Hot Garbage. What the hell are they doing to this beloved franchise?

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
"Auguments"

Sounds like there will be a lot procedural generation if they're actually going to have a scale that huge. That or just tons of empty useless landmass.

• 2Like