Beyond Skyline (2017)

spronk

FPS noob
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 1 Votes
Title: Beyond Skyline

Genre: Action, Science Fiction

Director: Liam O'Donnell

Cast: Frank Grillo, Bojana Novaković, Iko Uwais, Callan Mulvey, Antonio Fargas, Pamelyn Chee, Yayan Ruhian, Jacob Vargas, Jonny Weston, Joanne Baron, Zarah Mahler, Kevin O'Donnell, Betty Gabriel

Release: 2017-11-09

Plot: A tough-as-nails detective embarks on a relentless pursuit to free his son from a nightmarish alien warship.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
Skyline came out in 2010 and it was a Battle-LA style shlocky SyFy type of movie but it wasn't the worst.

This looks awesome though!!! They are like in fucking Asia and the aliens look cool. Sure, the movie is gonna suck, but I bet it'll be better than Alien Covenant

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i saw this i think, was it made by the FX company guys who scammed money for a project and instead made their own movie or something? boyfriend gets turned into an alien bot at the end? it wasnt very good.

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
I admit this looks better than the original skyline. In the original the only character that had any personality was the Stealth drone fighter that shot the nuke. This looks like a good poor flick though.

• 1Worf

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
skyline was an okay drunk party background movie. Not much happens so its easy to follow.

Goatface

i saw this i think, was it made by the FX company guys who scammed money for a project and instead made their own movie or something? boyfriend gets turned into an alien bot at the end? it wasnt very good.

iirc, they were hired to do FX for Battle LA and then used the software/tech to do their movie and put it out 1st.
Sony tired to sue, but don't think it went anywhere

• 1Like

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This movie delivers. Aliens, cheesy characters and a decent alien invasion plot.

• 1Like

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Honestly beyond skyline was probably a better movie than the original. It felt like more of a complete movie than the first one which was just kinda WTF and then you see stuff happening in some cartoon during the credits to try to actually end it. If you want a cheesy sci fi b movie this one is pretty solid.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yea, Skyline looked cool and had a fun premise but was pretty shallow. This movie cleared up some of it but we still really don't know the motivations. Which is something I don't think that's too important. It leaves them room for a third movie.

spronk

FPS noob
Finally got around to seeing it, not too bad. Extremely stupid and a lot of nonsense but if the idea of humans doing kung fu against aliens, who also know kung fu, perks your interest then this movie is for you

• 1Like

Goatface

3rd movie came out couple of weeks ago, just saw it was out.
1609457030483.png

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Theyre all watchable B flick movies. Nothing absolutely terrible, but nothing overwhelmingly redeeming either. The last one was a good watch as something going on the TV as we go to bed.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
watched it last night, really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Pitch Black a bit.

One EXCELLENT reason to watch it- one of the main cast members is Alexander Siddiq, aka Dr. Bashir from DS9. He plays a general type dude, small role but he acts circles around everyone else. It still bums me out so bad that he was WASTED in Game of Thrones, so its cool to see him shine here.

The main actress played Raven on The 100, the techno engineer gimp chick. She's decent, nothing amazing but not annoying which is like a 10/10 in 2021 tv and movies.

Its apparently the third movie in the series. I definitely watched the first one but don't remember the second, but it doesn't matter because there is a 2 minute verbal expo at the start to catch you up.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
watched it last night, really enjoyed it. Reminded me of Pitch Black a bit.

One EXCELLENT reason to watch it- one of the main cast members is Alexander Siddiq, aka Dr. Bashir from DS9. He plays a general type dude, small role but he acts circles around everyone else. It still bums me out so bad that he was WASTED in Game of Thrones, so its cool to see him shine here.

The main actress played Raven on The 100, the techno engineer gimp chick. She's decent, nothing amazing but not annoying which is like a 10/10 in 2021 tv and movies.

Its apparently the third movie in the series. I definitely watched the first one but don't remember the second, but it doesn't matter because there is a 2 minute verbal expo at the start to catch you up.

It also has Rhona Mitra who is still hot as hell in it. Didn't know that Alexander Siddig went back to being credited as Alexander. For a while there he was credited as Siddig El Fadil, but you aren't kidding about the acting part. He was doing such his normal thing that against the other people he looked like he was hamming it up.

Was a decent enough 3rd film. Daidraco is right. It is a B movie flick that does what it does.

I watched Meteor Moon after this and boy! That was right out of the SciFi Friday bag.

• 1Like
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database