Bezlebub / Tchernobog (D1)

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Surprising amount of autism went into making this great.

vile-caduceus.gif

Steps:

1. Unzip this guy somewhere:
1594142857504.png

2. Get these files into the folder, overwrite where necessary

3. For multiplayer (optional), use hamachi (I can help with this) to connect with pals and unzip this in the same folder
1594142938893.png

It absolutely has that classic feel still, double move speed in town (hit G, turn it up with a few clicks). Much higher resolution support in video options (first 19xx option is best imo). There's class base skilled that scale with stats and lvls that are truly useful instead of the wimpy ones from vanilla D1 but in the same spirit: Characters | Diablo 1 HD MOD . There's also a true "inferno" based difficulty called torment that gets really crazy. Haven't gotten into the crafting system yet that comes later. Gheed is fucking me on gambling, Wirt has hooked me up bigly.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Don't think so. An elixirs are 5min duration instead of permanent items.

Figured this PoE league was meh, some pals got me into this and I'd drop it here. Give it a chance down to the caverns at least.

Last edited:

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
tbh I can't imagine being interesting in playing Diablo1 when Diablo2 and PoE exist. And Diablo 3 I guess.

And I played a LOT of Diablo1.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
There was some Diablo 1 HD fan service thing that beautified the textures, supported modern resolutions etc. Then these guys went crazy with it. Check out all the sets/uniques they added, new zones etc. Clearing normal was a legit challenge.

It's funny like, if Diablo 3 delivered to the true cult following things like PoE and this definitely wouldn't exist. But they do and its glorious.

If you get stuck remember to use things lot doorways, dont let mobs get a concave on you etc. It takes skill and patience using core fundamentals. If you're still stuck, lean on me for advice. Lot of cry bebbies on their forums raised on "modern" games (esp for the assassin class which I play atm).

Features:

• Increased resolution and support for panoramic screens
  • Fully integrated with new windows systems
  • Many user interface improvements
  • New hero classes Barbarian. Necromancer and Assassin
  • All quests which were missing from original game are now implemented
  • Four difficulty levels available in single player
  • New locations
  • New special and randomly generated bosses
  • New spells
  • New character skills
  • New item types and affixes
  • 204 unique items
  • 28 sets with 105 set items
  • 170 crafting recipes
  • Great number of minor gameplay changes
  • And many more...

Last edited:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
As I get further I get more of those "why the fuck is this so good" vibes like I did when I tried Grim Dawn.

Necro pet scaling is amazing. So much detail. Try this thing.

I loved Path of Diablo, still do and all but this is light years ahead.