Big Wreck - Ghosts

xKALECx

<Donors Crew>
41m
Reactions
3 0 0 0
Several of the guitarist on this board are big enough fans for me to mention this one here. New album drops in Canada in a few days and a couple of weeks later in the States. Ian Thornley kills it yet again. How this guy can keep writing hits while blending Cornell'ish vocals and some of the best guitar out there still blows me away.

You can stream the album here until release day.
Big Wreck - Ghosts (full official album stream)

Voyce

Knight of the Realm
12h 25m
Reactions
272 79 0 0
Several of the guitarist on this board are big enough fans for me to mention this one here. New album drops in Canada in a few days and a couple of weeks later in the States. Ian Thornley kills it yet again. How this guy can keep writing hits while blending Cornell'ish vocals and some of the best guitar out there still blows me away.

I don't understand why people don't know them that well, they're good and they've been good Thornley/Big Wreck.

ToeMissile

Knight of the Realm
5h 32m
Reactions
175 11 0 0
Nice, didn't know they had anything in the works.

OU Ariakas

Get it ALL together and put it in a backpack
<Donors Crew>
1d 11h 2m
Reactions
3,121 140 0 0
Man, their first album was a mainstay for me in high school/college. Under the Lighthouse was my teenage angsty breakup song.

xKALECx

<Donors Crew>
41m
Reactions
3 0 0 0
In case you haven't heard it, their last album "Albatross",was just a couple of years ago. It's great as well. If anything, Ian Thornley has just gotten better.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
<Donors Crew>
1d 4h 39m
Reactions
2,444 83 0 0
Ladylike is still one of my favorite songs. It is complex in a way most music doesn't seem to be these days.

Adebisi

What a time to be alive
<Donors Crew>
12h 50m
Reactions
21,320 1,148 0 0

The Cornell comparison is lost on me, unless you're comparing looks. Cornell could go 80s glam metal range.

Favorite Big Wreck song:

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
1d 7h 46m
Reactions
1,748 228 0 0
I get the Cornell comparisons. It's what drove me to listen to Big Wreck at first. Then I found out how awesome he is at playing guitar.

xKALECx

<Donors Crew>
41m
Reactions
3 0 0 0
The Cornell comparison is lost on me, unless you're comparing looks. Cornell could go 80s glam metal range.

Favorite Big Wreck song:
I actually prefer Thornley's vocals over Cornell. Vocals like this one at 2:30 in is what makes many give a comparison.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
1d 7h 46m
Reactions
1,748 228 0 0
Finally gave the title track a listen. Really good. That bass is fucking grooving!

xKALECx

<Donors Crew>
41m
Reactions
3 0 0 0
Album gets better with each listen. This one by far is my favorite.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
1d 7h 46m
Reactions
1,748 228 0 0
Album's not out yet, right? You have an exclusive listen or something?

xKALECx

<Donors Crew>
41m
Reactions
3 0 0 0
Was released in Canada last week. Friend of mine sent me a copy. Should release in the US in three weeks.

xKALECx

<Donors Crew>
41m
Reactions
3 0 0 0
Just a reminder that the album officially releases in the US in the morning. I've worn this thing out over the past few weeks. GREAT album full of amazing guitar work.

Ian also remastered the first two albums and re-released them on itunes. Noticeable difference in sound for the better.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
1d 7h 46m
Reactions
1,748 228 0 0
I like the latter half of the album a lot more. And yeah, there's great guitar work all over.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
<Donors Crew>
1d 7h 46m
Reactions
1,748 228 0 0
These guys are finally making a stop in SF for the In Loving Memory Of anniversary tour. Show's not until March but I already picked up my ticket. Amped about this one. Never seen them.

McQueen

<Donors Crew>
12m
Reactions
552 105 0 0
They're great live. I got tickets to see them again this February.

ToeMissile

Knight of the Realm
5h 32m
Reactions
175 11 0 0
Ohh, playing down here in OC too.