Bioshock Remastered Collection

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone playing?

I tried to start a fresh hardcore playthrough of Bioshock 1, but the mouse issues are just too much. The mouse moves too fast in the game when you set it at a sensitivity that works in the menu, but if you lower the sensitivity in the game it becomes trash in the menu and while hacking. Reading around the net shows that these exact same issues were present in the original. Why the fuck even remaster a game if you aren't going to fix anything?

Apparently this is only for the PC versions, though. The consoles seem to be just fine.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The remaster is still a Unreal Engine 2.5 game, and despite being a heavily modified version of the engine, Irrational didn't rewrite the input so mouse issues are unavoidable. The mouse polling in 2.5 is total shit and you can't completely get rid of smoothing or acceleration no matter what you do in settings or ini files. Very disappointing that they didn't take the time to port it over to UE4, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that 2K took the easy cashgrab way out.

If I ever get around to playing the remaster I'll just use a gamepad like I did the first time through both Bioshock and Infinite (UE3 was only slightly better than 2.5 at mouse input).

Edit: BioShock Mouse Fix 1.2 & Hold-To-Walk 1.2 :: BioShock General Discussions to partially fix the mouse issues. Be sure to read the first section, as you need to edit the bat file to support the remaster.

Last edited:

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
The remaster is still a Unreal Engine 2.5 game, and despite being a heavily modified version of the engine, Irrational didn't rewrite the input so mouse issues are unavoidable. The mouse polling in 2.5 is total shit and you can't completely get rid of smoothing or acceleration no matter what you do in settings or ini files. Very disappointing that they didn't take the time to port it over to UE4, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised that 2K took the easy cashgrab way out.

If I ever get around to playing the remaster I'll just use a gamepad like I did the first time through both Bioshock and Infinite (UE3 was only slightly better than 2.5 at mouse input).

Edit: BioShock Mouse Fix 1.2 & Hold-To-Walk 1.2 :: BioShock General Discussions to partially fix the mouse issues. Be sure to read the first section, as you need to edit the bat file to support the remaster.

Thanks man, those fixes are awesome. I may be able to play it after all!

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I kept crashing. As what seems to be everyone else. But I got it for free because I owned 1, 2 and infinite. So I do not care much. You are better off just plugging in a controller because remember, Bioshock was as an Xbox Exclusive - with a shitty PC port at the time.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Playing this now on ps4 and loving it.

Controls are awesome, graphics are great and really help bring you back to Rapture.

A little bummed because I know at one point I'll play infinite. :(

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Will not pay for a collection that includes Infinite. Fuck that game and it's stupid fucking story that could've been amazing.

• 1Like

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Guilty as charged. It was a great first half that dropped off a cliff into confused storytelling. I cannot remember being more disappointed in a game overall.

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought the story was great not really sure what the problem was for you guys.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
im playing though infinite right now and im quite enjoying it. got the hot ass Elizabeth next to me and we are just mowing motherfuckers over! lol

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
I would highly recommend not playing the DLCs for Bioshock Infinite, they ruin the story for some (many?) people

Oh I hated the end end end of Burial at Sea.

Don't finish it. It was Ken Levine saying a big fuck you and dropping the Mic. Infinite itself was good. Although it has slight pacing issues.

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
I liked the story of Infinite, mostly because nobody else has even tried to come close in gaming, can't disagree it would fit better as a fantasy instead of alternate reality though. Burial at Sea was a bit too much, even though the premise was fantastic. It felt a bit too desperate to make it all neatly fit together and since I can't even remember how it ended beyond getting absolutely fucked, it probably wasn't very good. The stealth style fit the game much better than shooting.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
This is how I felt after paying Bioshock 1 and realizing it was carbon copy of SS2 story wise

538.jpg

It had an amazing theme and atmosphere but I can never get over how it's nothing more than a severely dumbed down system shock. All of the key plot points are literally the same as SS2.

• 1Like

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
This is how I felt after paying Bioshock 1 and realizing it was carbon copy of SS2 story wise

View attachment 65044

It had an amazing theme and atmosphere but I can never get over how it's nothing more than a severely dumbed down system shock. All of the key plot points are literally the same as SS2.

Would you kindly jump in a lake? Just kidding.

Either way I loved the atmosphere better than SS2. When I first played Bioshock i legit had no idea where the story was going. I thought it was going to have a GIANT ELDRITCH KAIJU wreck the city eventually. The themes in the second half of the game are nothing you really see in video games. Hotline Miami 2 is the only game that I have found that takes a piss out of the role of player/game more than the second half of Bioshock 1. But Hotline Miami 2 HATES the player.

Bioshock 2 had much superior gameplay, and I did enjoy the smaller scope of the game itself. As a whole they could have easily meshed it with 1 and Infinite but I understand why they did not. Nobody loved Ken Levine when this game was being developed. And I am sure Levine had zero love for 2 when he was working on infinite. I LOVED Infinite until the very end of the DLC. Why you gotta end like that?

• 1Solidarity