Bitcoins/Litecoins/Virtual Currencies

The_Black_Log Foler

PalsCo CEO - Stock Pals | Pantheon Pals
<Gold Donor>

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Reporter. Stock Pals CEO. Head of AI.
<Gold Donor>
its amazing that some movie pirating side i never heard of was sitting on $2 BILLION in bitcoin

wtf

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Sludig

Potato del Grande
Lol wtf happened, woke up to ~10% down on all my meager holdings. I said before, all was just a little experiement so I dont have real money in it. Had 1k across a few coins, coinbase being a faggot had me get $400 into shiba or doge when that was a thing 2 or so years ago because the app like errored, didnt appear to go through etc. Then double dinged. Was pretty happy to be back up to about 800 of the original 1k briefly before lately been 700. My goal was kinda want to hit roughly 800 again and jump out of everything but maybe the bit of BTC and let that sit forever.

I"d been much happier if I just originally put it all in BTC, would have been a few points I might have been happy making a few hundred and then stopping the game. I never was going to be at a point comfortable slapping 10k+ into it hoping some split or some future thing makes it 20+.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Anddd it’s continuing to go south….
If you are one who believes in astrology for traders (i.e. Technical analysis...) There might be more pain on the way. At least in the opinion of this guy.. and his piano. (we've actually already surpassed some of his earlier bad vibes... and are in the "icky 50's")

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Lol wtf happened, woke up to ~10% down on all my meager holdings. I said before, all was just a little experiement so I dont have real money in it. Had 1k across a few coins, coinbase being a faggot had me get $400 into shiba or doge when that was a thing 2 or so years ago because the app like errored, didnt appear to go through etc. Then double dinged. Was pretty happy to be back up to about 800 of the original 1k briefly before lately been 700. My goal was kinda want to hit roughly 800 again and jump out of everything but maybe the bit of BTC and let that sit forever.

I"d been much happier if I just originally put it all in BTC, would have been a few points I might have been happy making a few hundred and then stopping the game. I never was going to be at a point comfortable slapping 10k+ into it hoping some split or some future thing makes it 20+.
People unloading their mt gox holdings. Stand strong Crypto Pals

Izo

Tranny Chaser
BC going to tank over the summer. Then up once x-flu season starts.

Anddd it’s continuing to go south….
Think Winnie The Pooh GIF

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
BTC back on the move. Anyone get in on the dip?

Sanrith Descartes

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Just a quick PSA to the crypto bros:
Make sure you keep "really" good records of your crypto transactions. By really good, I mean really fucking good. I am currently working with a client who day traded crypto (almost exclusively Shiba and Doge. Yeah I know.) and of course lost mad money. Then Robinhood came along and decided to report zero cost basis for all of his trades. Client told the IRS he lost $20k. IRS told the client oh no friendo, you made over $500k and we wants our taxes, penalties and interest. RH told us you have a cost basis of zero on all these trades. That's when he came to use for help. Client didn't track any of his trades because "Robinhood does it for me".

Really. Good. Records.

• 2Like
  • 2Double Worf
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 6 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just a quick PSA to the crypto bros:
Make sure you keep "really" good records of your crypto transactions. By really good, I mean really fucking good. I am currently working with a client who day traded crypto (almost exclusively Shiba and Doge. Yeah I know.) and of course lost mad money. Then Robinhood came along and decided to report zero cost basis for all of his trades. Client told the IRS he lost $20k. IRS told the client oh no friendo, you made over $500k and we wants our taxes, penalties and interest. RH told us you have a cost basis of zero on all these trades. That's when he came to use for help. Client didn't track any of his trades because "Robinhood does it for me".

Really. Good. Records.
This is why you do trades in your own wallets, not on Robinhood, and use one of the many services that will track and properly report cost basis. Then again I'm not one of those massive day traders in crypto. And to date I'm still essentially just a 50/50 etc/btc split with a tiny bit of polygon on the side.

P.S. - I'm still pretty sure crypto is exactly where they wanted to sic those 70k+ new IRS agents when they say crypto taking off....

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Robinhood seems like a pretty shit app for any kind of trading.
I literally had three different apps I was able to choose from , hand them my wallet address, and they spit out detailed reports of all my trades which made my cost basis pretty clear for me. Although, as I mentioned, I'm not some day trading degen...

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Anyone have a suggestion on best wallet/whatever for self ownership of BTC? I don't really know how all that shit works.