Black Adam (2021)

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The last scene with Superman arriving to confront Black Adam was chill-inducing. Good to see Cavill again and man, I can't wait for Black Adam 2 or Man of Steel 2 to see what happens with these two. Easily the best scene in the movie.

...then I remember absolutely nothing is happening and none of this matters because DCUlol

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
what i don't get is, with no introduction how is BA just shit kicking hawkman around and he is barely getting hurt.

BA should be able to just shit stomp hawkman into paste without breaking a sweat

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
More and more shit keeps coming out.

A recent report from Variety details some of the chaos surrounding the latest DC release, Black Adam, and some of the behind-the-scenes issues that plagued the project.

The report notes that prior to James Gunn and Peter Safran taking over as co-CEOs of the now-DC Studios, it was actually Dwayne Johnson who pitched a future for the DC Universe. According to the report, Johnson “directly pitched” a multiyear plan to Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav that involved Black Adam and Superman (played by Henry Cavill) that would have led to a Black Adam vs. Superman showdown.

Despite the fact that the meeting occurred during a “power vacuum” at DC — former DC head Walter Hamada and Warner Bros. film chief Toby Emmerich were preparing to leave at the time — many didn’t like the fact that Johnson did it, with one source noting “Dwayne went around everyone, which didn’t sit well.” Elsewhere in the report, it’s mentioned that Johnson’s relationship with Warner Bros. Discovery had begun “wearing thin” well before the premiere and subsequent disappointing box office results of Black Adam.

The report mentions that Johnson had pushed for a producing credit on the animated film DC League of Super-Pets, which he starred in alongside Kevin Hart. However, Johnson did little to promote the film despite asking to be a producer. The report goes on to note that Johnson also “insisted” on having a tequila bar at the New York premiere of Black Adam, featuring his Teremana brand, despite the film being rated PG-13.

According to one insider in the report, “His demands increased, and the returns just weren’t there,” which might not have led to his role within the DC Universe shrinking but likely didn’t help.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Yet people say Vin is the problem on F&F..
Happy Joel Mchale GIF by ABC Network

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Well just saw this, went in with low expectations and was still disappointed.

I love the rock, but this just didn’t work for me. I mean he looks the part but the character just didn’t play to his strengths.

There were a few cool moments but overall the movie wasn’t very cohesive. It felt like it was written by a 15 years old who love the character and had tons of cool ideas but not the skill to pull everything together in a way that made sense.

Wasted potential.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife failed to heed my advice and decided she wanted to watch this on HBO. I dutifully sat with her and shitposted on my phone the entire time. When it ended she looked at me and said "So in the end, team diversity needed the old White guy to save the world? That's awesome".

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched this stuck in a hotel room last night, yeah wow. Not great. Pretty much everything has been covered now that I’ve caught up in the thread.

Has to be one of the laziest set designs and extras work in a “major” film. This one sound stage corner with 15 brown people trying to represent a whole city being leveled while this kid skateboards around the set was not the worst of the movies problems but didn’t help things. The “speech” rallying the city to help out was so lazy and bad.

oh well, was worth a shot

fris

Vyemm Raider
I had to explain to my 13 year old why this movie failed, as he thought it was good. I told him how The Rock pressured DC executives in various ways, pushed to get Henry Cavill to show up at the end, pushed to control the script, but then wouldn't do a cameo for the next Shazam. Explained how Shazam and BA get their powers from the same thing and would have each other many times in comics. Then explained how few saw it in theaters and that it did so bad, all of the current actors are being replaced.

Then I told him in one of the rocks early movies, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a cameo for him.

Pretty sure I have my son convinced that the rock is a selfish bitch

• 1Solidarity

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I had to explain to my 13 year old why this movie failed, as he thought it was good. I told him how The Rock pressured DC executives in various ways, pushed to get Henry Cavill to show up at the end, pushed to control the script, but then wouldn't do a cameo for the next Shazam. Explained how Shazam and BA get their powers from the same thing and would have each other many times in comics. Then explained how few saw it in theaters and that it did so bad, all of the current actors are being replaced.

Then I told him in one of the rocks early movies, Arnold Schwarzenegger did a cameo for him.

Pretty sure I have my son convinced that the rock is a selfish bitch

Missed the part where The Rock was given insane money and budget for the movie-- simply because of who he is and coming off the success of Hobbs & Shaw.

The budget for the movie killed any chance of it being a success before they even shipped it out the door. The Rock went and maxed himself out leverage wise and monetarily on everything and it just blew up in his face.

No Shazam cameo was just icing on the selfish cake.

• 1Solidarity