Black Friday 2017

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
O/U on assault vehicular incidents occur on Black Friday?

Line is set at 2.5.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
BF and I want to upgrade to a 4k TV this year, something in the 50-60" range. I've never really gone TV shopping, so any idea on what places generally have the best sales for the holidays I should keep an eye out for?

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i'm looking for a mega deal on a gaming pc. time for me to get back in the ballgame.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
BF and I want to upgrade to a 4k TV this year, something in the 50-60" range. I've never really gone TV shopping, so any idea on what places generally have the best sales for the holidays I should keep an eye out for?

Walmart usually is the best place to get TVs. They are reaaaaaally fucking cheap, but they are the same brands you find anywhere else. I've had a 55" flatscreen I got from them for like 5-6 years now. Only cost $500 back then. I was in there the other day and saw 55-65 tvs were down to $400. I doubt 4k is going to double that, so not really much need to clip coupons.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Walmart usually is the best place to get TVs. They are reaaaaaally fucking cheap, but they are the same brands you find anywhere else. I've had a 55" flatscreen I got from them for like 5-6 years now. Only cost $500 back then. I was in there the other day and saw 55-65 tvs were down to $400. I doubt 4k is going to double that, so not really much need to clip coupons.
you can get vizio 4ks dirt cheap at wally world. i'm waiting on one of those curved Samsungs UHDs

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Find me some bomb ass sales on computer parts....

How come "looters" never steal PC parts only shoes?

Is it Black Friday because stuff is cheap enough that even blacks can shop?

Both of you post interesting points on some controversial topics, but sweet Christ can we get a fucking break from this stuff in a thread about shopping? This is the exact thing a_skeleton_03 was pointing to when he talks about posters wandering outside of designated threads and shitting up unrelated ones with stuff that will drive actual participants away.

• 16Solidarity
  • 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 17 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Both of you post interesting points on some controversial topics, but sweet Christ can we get a fucking break from this stuff in a thread about shopping? This is the exact thing a_skeleton_03 was pointing to when he talks about posters wandering outside of designated threads and shitting up unrelated ones with stuff that will drive actual participants away.
its fucking stupid, but just ignore it.

• 1Like

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Walmart, Amazon, Sometimes Newegg.

Personally I am going to swap out my TCL Roku TVs for the Amazon ones (forget the name atm). We don't watch much tv so it kiboshes my want for things like Samsung curves which are very sexy.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mario Speedwagon

Gold Recognition
<Prior Amod>
Seriously even I would move these fucking posts

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Pops

Walmart, Amazon, Sometimes Newegg.

Personally I am going to swap out my TCL Roku TVs for the Amazon ones (forget the name atm). We don't watch much tv so it kiboshes my want for things like Samsung curves which are very sexy.
Those curved stuff seem like a gimmick, like the 3D fad.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought it was at least 5 years ago where they said Black Friday was basically dead because the deals are essentially year round now.

People still get excited because the stores tell them it's a sale, but you can find that shit on Slickdeals in March if you wanted.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I thought so too until I got one this year. Its actually fantastic. No joke.

I have a curved ultrawide Samsung monitor for my computer. Thing is fucking awesome. Amazon prime steams full screen to it. Like a movie theater.

• 1Like

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Isn't it always typically the same or better deal to just wait until mid-december?

Either way i'm in the TV market so hmmmm

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I thought it was at least 5 years ago where they said Black Friday was basically dead because the deals are essentially year round now.

People still get excited because the stores tell them it's a sale, but you can find that shit on Slickdeals in March if you wanted.
Depends really on what you're looking for. They'll usually put a handheld on sale and make Bank on accessories , games... Etc.

I got a 3ds years ago at Target, it was on a big ass pallet in the underwear section, and I was in competition with swarms of moms looking for some special editions.

A lot of ppl seemingly use it as a way to hang out, on the lines waiting for the stores to open, and it's just tradition by now.

I know it's bullshit, I used to live next to clothing outlets, and their daily clothing would be, 1/4 msrp on the tag, with a sticker, and you could use coupons, etc.

When bf rolls around, they replace all the tags with no stickers and just say 80% off the first six hours, 60% off after and then 50% the rest of the week.

So it's not even a sale