Black Mirror

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I hadn't watched any Black Mirror for a few seasons. I've been watching this new season on my other monitor while gaming, and I really enjoyed every episode, though some more than others. Anyway, I finished episode 5 and episode 6 started playing. I was like, holy shit, this isn't very good. An hour+ about two maybe gay dudes having video game sex? I came here and I was shocked that nobody was talking about the shitty episode 6.

So I went back to Netflix and realized it had started to play season 5 after finishing season 6 without telling me. God damn it, Netflix.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I hadn't watched any Black Mirror for a few seasons. I've been watching this new season on my other monitor while gaming, and I really enjoyed every episode, though some more than others. Anyway, I finished episode 5 and episode 6 started playing. I was like, holy shit, this isn't very good. An hour+ about two maybe gay dudes having video game sex? I came here and I was shocked that nobody was talking about the shitty episode 6.

So I went back to Netflix and realized it had started to play season 5 after finishing season 6 without telling me. God damn it, Netflix.

They don't really differentiate the seasons, and the previous one will autoplay after the current one. And S5 is kinda bad so yeah.

so the joke here is the German writer guy does vocals. they claim the dancer actually sings in live concerts... but frankly I doubt it was true. He's blatantly not the vocals for that rhasputin vid linked.

Yeah I'm noticing the guy dancing and "singing" in Rasputin isn't actually singing. The song is pretty fuckin' sweet though.

Where's the guy from the Black Mirror episode? I thought he'd be like the lead singer or something. I guess he could be intended to be that guy, but the guy in the episode is much taller and much... blacker.

Did they...did they somehow blackwash Boney M? .....which is already composed of black people?

Black-washing people for not being black enough. Tremendous.

Pretty interesting episode though.

bigolas

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I have high expectations for this series so this was very disappointing. I didn't watch the previous season because it seemed very bad.
This one was just entertaining enough to watch but all 5 episodes, even those where the original idea was good, had poor execution, nowhere near the quality of the best episodes of Black Mirror. They focus too much on doing fan service and rely on star power to carry the episode instead of a twisted mind bending plot carried to a good conclusion. The episodes with a good premise didn't have a satistfiying story play out and left me thinking of the many ways the story could've been better with such technology. That wasn't the case for the 1st 4 seasons.

The final episode was pure trash and just follows many other recent works where being "racist" is the greatest crime possible that deserves the worst kinds of death and "it's ok to punch a nazi". All wypeepo are racists so of course the poor Indian girl would develop homicidal thoughts. The moderate right candidate is of course just hiding his real nazi agenda so the Indian who was so conflicted about murder becomes so determined to kill him, even the demon can't stop her. I was watching this and couldn't believe how Charlie Booker who didn't show any sign of such lunacy before would come up with this overt political attack but it all made sense when the credits rolled. The episode is co-written by a certain Bisha K. Ali who is the head writer of Ms. Marvel. Still shame on ayone who allowed this garbage to be associated with what was a great series mainly before Netflix.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Also, they were the prototype fake band for the svengali behind Mili Vanili.

Hold on, so Boney M were basically just a lip-sync band?

Like, a bunch of German people writing/producing/singing while the actual front-band pretended to act it out?

At least the purported leader of the group has charisma and moves.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The final episode was pure trash and just follows many other recent works where being "racist" is the greatest crime possible that deserves the worst kinds of death

This takes on an even more weird, insidious tone when you factor in that a lot of these people also believe that

All wypeepo are racists

Therefore all white people deserve the worst kinds of death unless they properly kowtow to your movement to actively fight their own identity.

It combines the religious concept of Original Sin with the religious concept that your God is the only true one and nonbelievers are somehow a threat to your well-being.

And the crazy part is, most adherents of this new religion haven't even realized they're following a religion yet. A lot of them moved right from some recognized religion to this one and regard religion with contempt now, which is even crazier given that they...just substituted theirs for a new one.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I don’t have high hopes for the next season. Show has been pretty bad since it started being made in the US.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>

returning 2025 with 6 episodes, one of them will be a sequel to the Star Trek one. More Todd!

Where the fuck can you go with that? The exciting adventures of the digital copies within the game world? Homeboy makes his way out of the patch-day nothingness?

I have a strong feeling this will be yet another thing that ruins something good that came before it. Callister was one of my fav episodes of the entire series.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users