Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1.88 star(s) Rating: 1.88/5 8 Votes
Title: Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Science Fiction

Director: Ryan Coogler

Cast: Letitia Wright, Lupita Nyong'o, Winston Duke, Danai Gurira, Angela Bassett, Martin Freeman, Dominique Thorne, Florence Kasumba, Tenoch Huerta, Michaela Coel, Danny Sapani, Isaach De Bankolé, Gigi Bermingham, Dorothy Steel, Shiquita James, Curtis Bannister, Tejon Wright, Jarrell Pyro Johnson, Babatunde Oyewo, Adam Freeman, Marlon Hayes, Mabel Cadena, Josué Maychi

Release: 2022-11-09

Plot: The sequel to Black Panther (2018).

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Was that trailer directed by Zach Snyder? Just a whole bunch of scenes with zero context, have no idea what's happening or what it's about.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I'll watch it just because Marvel, but I really didn't like the first one at all. And I'm bound to not like this one either. Oh well.

• 2Worf
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 4 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
So when does this movie takes place in the MCU timeline? Between the years when Thanos does the initial snap in Infinity Wars and when Hulk reverses it in Endgame?

Chris

Potato del Grande
So when does this movie takes place in the MCU timeline? Between the years when Thanos does the initial snap in Infinity Wars and when Hulk reverses it in Endgame?
After Endgame and Black Panther dies offscreen I think.

Could be either though.

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Was that trailer directed by Zach Snyder? Just a whole bunch of scenes with zero context, have no idea what's happening or what it's about.
Just think all this has to cover:

Immediate post-snap (Bassett's 'everyone in my family is dead!' speech is probably here): who becomes king, probably invasions by pesky white people, maybe some snarky commentary on how many Wakandans died in Infinity War because Wanda wouldn't just kill Vision.

Post-snap: Everyone returns, then T'Challa's permanent death.

Introduction of Namor and Atlanteans (are they officially Atlanteans in the MCU?): What's their backstory, what's their culture, why are they invading now. (Let's go with Mayans that fled the Americas before those white people could show up, because white people bad. Then when Thanos got snapping, they figured they needed to show up and take over?)

Big climax (maybe they convince each other that because their kingdoms were in isolation for so long, they allowed white people to take over!)

Teaser with Doom.

(Ooh, there's an ugly thought: MCU Doom is White Supremacist Doom, who's been raiding the super civilizations everyone but whites had and getting the minorities to fight each other so that whites could take over.)

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I'll watch it just because Marvel, but I really didn't like the first one at all. And I'm bound to not like this one either. Oh well.
Question Mark What GIF by MOODMAN

Does not compute

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Masakari

Pattern Recognition Expert
<Gold Donor>
Where can I order traditional African garb so I can embrace multi-cultruralism?

Chris

Potato del Grande
Teaser with Doom.

(Ooh, there's an ugly thought: MCU Doom is White Supremacist Doom, who's been raiding the super civilizations everyone but whites had and getting the minorities to fight each other so that whites could take over.)
Bingo.

Also I had a horrible, horrible, horrible thought.

Martin Freeman's character is Doom in disguise, undercover to steal Wakandan tech.

Didn't he taunt Zemo at the end of Civil War and it seemed a bit out of character for who he was in Black Panther?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This will be an easy pass for me.

I actually liked Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther. I feel that they should have just let this world kind of fade or introduce a new person from the world that has nothing to do with the Black Panther. There is nothing about this new movie that interests me at all without Chadwick in it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Bingo.

Also I had a horrible, horrible, horrible thought.

Martin Freeman's character is Doom in disguise, undercover to steal Wakandan tech.

Didn't he taunt Zemo at the end of Civil War and it seemed a bit out of character for who he was in Black Panther?
Doom is after Vibranium.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
This will be an easy pass for me.

I actually liked Chadwick Boseman as the Black Panther. I feel that they should have just let this world kind of fade or introduce a new person from the world that has nothing to do with the Black Panther. There is nothing about this new movie that interests me at all without Chadwick in it.

Isn't the entire point of the Black Panther being a title that is passed down from one generation to the next, and a mantle that can be taken hence Wallace trying to depose BP?

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Isn't the entire point of the Black Panther being a title that is passed down from one generation to the next, and a mantle that can be taken hence Wallace trying to depose BP?
Yep,

I still have a difficult time seeing anybody else filling the role.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database