Black (Red) Sonja

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Goatface

0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 0 Votes
Title: Red Sonja

Genre: Action, Adventure, Fantasy

Director: Joey Soloway

Cast: Hannah John-Kamen

Plot: A young girl rises from the ashes of tragedy to become the most feared warrior woman of all time: the She-Devil with a Sword.

MusicForFish

Ultra Maga Instinct
<Prior Amod>
Hard pass.

cartoon network beer GIF by RETRO-FIEND

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I actually like the actress they casted but she's not very intimidating

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I actually like the actress they casted but she's not very intimidating
I don't dislike her. She is half Norwegian/Nigerian which is funny to me because I know a girl who is Nigerian/Irish with red hair lol.

oxox.jpg
<- girl i know, not actress

Not very black at all. /shrug

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
She's also playing Jill Valentine in a son to be released re3 movie.

• 1Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
I don't dislike her. She is half Norwegian/Nigerian which is funny to me because I know a girl who is Nigerian/Irish with red hair lol.

Not very black at all. /shrug
The actress has a very striking look with coffee coloured skin/blue eyes with a British accent. She's basically the whitest black person they could cast.

I liked her in Ant Man 2 and a UK TV drama called "The Stranger".

Maybe she'll have a red wig, but it's funny that the gingercide continues.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
The actress has a very striking look with coffee coloured skin/blue eyes with a British accent. She's basically the whitest black person they could cast.

I liked her in Ant Man 2 and a UK TV drama called "The Stranger".

Maybe she'll have a red wig, but it's funny that the gingercide continues.
Mixed race girls are like veal. Delicious but morally repugnant. :p

2bf34435c1d29c8c85fc47f9eb670782.gif

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
I'm seeing a lot of hurtful words in this thread so dropping this as a reminder;

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Unless it just wasn't loading for me or something, I never saw a pic of the actual actress in this thread. I saw that attractive girl Edaw posted and was confused since I don't remember her in Ant Man & The Wasp. So I looked her up, and now I totally recognize her as the chick from Killjoys. I actually really like her as an actress, and find her attractive. She's probably the first and best example of "Young Up & Coming Actress of Indeterminate Ethnicity that can Pass as Black" (I'm working on a better acronym) that I actively noticed when Killjoys started.

My problem, like most others I assume, is that there is very little reason I can see for casting her as fucking Red Sonja. She'll probably do a decent job, and I suppose with wigs and makeup she might look decent, but come on man! This is literally nothing but virtue signaling.

Anyway, pic so others don't have to duckduckgo her. I picked the most "Red Sonja" looking one I could find.

Hannah-John-Kamen-02[1].jpg

• 3Barf
  • 2Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 5 users

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Tough role to cast. Tough movie to make. Doesn't matter who they put in the role, these types of movies almost always suck. Besides, the source material isn't workable with live action (chain mail bikinis are not a thing). So they will have to change it quite a bit to make it work.

Having said that, Hanna has a better chance than most actresses of pulling it off. She has attitude and physical presence that actually shows up on screen.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Surprised they didnt cast the redhead black chick from Falcon Winter Soldier/Solo.

• 4Worf
  • 1Barf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 5 users
Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database