Xexx

Vyemm Raider
3.25 star(s) Rating: 3.25/5 4 Votes
Title: Black Summer

Genre: Drama, Action & Adventure

First aired: 2019-04-11

Creator: Karl Schaefer, John Hyams

Cast: Christine Lee, Jaime King, Sal Velez Jr., Justin Chu Cary, Kelsey Flower

Overview: In the dark, early days of a zombie apocalypse, complete strangers band together to find the strength they need to survive and get back to loved ones.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arative

Vyemm Raider
It's a spin off of znation but supposed to be more serious in tone from znation.

• 1Like

Rime

<Donor>
Fast zombies.
Stupid survivors.

Only 'good' character does not speak English (and there are no translations if you have subtitles on).

Real shit.

• 1Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Calling these survivors stupid is an understatement. The only seemingly smart one lets the stupid ppl bring him down.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Made the mistake of plowing through this the other day with the wife who's starved for "good" Walking Dead type stuff.

Bad...just bad...get's even worse by the end.

• 1Picard

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I was hoping this was

Comic's really good.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It's a spin off of znation but supposed to be more serious in tone from znation.
I haven't checked this out yet, but a serious ZNation sounds horrible. The reason ZNation worked so well was because it was campy and the show knew it. It let them do stupid shit but you went along with it cuz it was still entertaining and fit with the world. Especially with how cheap the effects and acting was.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
I haven't checked this out yet, but a serious ZNation sounds horrible. The reason ZNation worked so well was because it was campy and the show knew it. It let them do stupid shit but you went along with it cuz it was still entertaining and fit with the world. Especially with how cheap the effects and acting was.

I agree that's why znation was the best zombie show.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Five episodes in and it's heart pumping exciting, mixed with yelling at the screen by how noob the main characters are. Seriously rage inducing, which walks the line of adding to the fun. But too much more could tank this.

I sense I'll quit before the end like I did with Lost, Heroes, TWD, etc., But so far it has been well worth the price of admission.

Edit: I forced myself to finish Lost, but should have quit when I first sensed it.

SeanDoe1z1

Not very redeeming qualities, it seemed like some liberal art undergrad's attempt to paint their version of reality in an early day apocalypse.

The jump between the diner to next portion made me feel like I missed an episode. I wish Sun was a little less tropy and spoke more than 2 words of english because she was probably my favorite character (bar was not very high). The notion that the vast majority of (white)men are rapists and looking to score pussy at all costs while everyone is dying around them got pretty old. The amount of easily attainable automatic weapons is pretty funny. Every Joe Schmoe was packing M16s/M4s at some point.

I really want to like Netflix but they miss the mark on a lot of shit. They are really fucking up a golden opportunity to get people excited and turn off HBO.

• 2Like
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 2 users

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
Just wait until literally everyone has a full automatic weapon in one episode. 100+ people with AR-15s shooting each other while trying to shoot zombies.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Had it on 2nd monitor while grinding in EQ, was not great even then. All the characters are completely worthless and hilariously inept at even basic tasks. It tries to toy with the idea that everyone is capable of terrible things during the apocalypse thing, but none of it works because all the "terrible" things that happen are a direct result of the complete lack of competence by any of the characters, so it's all just super flat. The only character that is worth half a shit at all is the homeless guy that has 0 lines and leaves all the other retarded main characters to go off on his own with his dog. Korean chick was fine I guess, but she has a 5 minute sob story in Korean that they didn't subtitle which was pretty lol worthy.

There's also like 3 white people in the entire show - one toothless hick, one bad guy, and one faggot that you have to watch running from the literal same single zombie for an entire episode. So if you're Foler or whoever don't watch this.

Rime

<Donor>
Dinner to Downtown made me think I missed something as well.

And the last episode made no sense.

Show is garbage tier, even for Netflix.

If you need a zombie fix, The Kingdom is so much better.

• 1Dislike

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Show is great so far. I'm like five-six episodes in. I have two more double shifts to get through and parents are in town, but I look forward to seeing another episode. The world is so atmospheric. The jets screaming above, the endless suburbia; fucking rage zombies. I want a scene where humans try to take one down and the fuck takes one out so now instead of 5 on 1 it's 4 on two then 3 on three, oh fuck get out.

Yeah there are some annoying ass characters that make me yell at the TV. I want them to die and I don't root for them like typical protagonist, but I'm enthralled to see what happens to them next.
Here's the difference: "You fucking bitch, I can't believe you did that; fuck you" vs. "Aw fuck that shit, that wouldn't have happened. fuck this show and its forced bullshit."
In one you have some unbelievable thing happen just to move the show forward, whether it be awful dialogue or whathaveyou. In Black Summer the blond and the curly head headed goober both do enragingly stupid things, but if such a person existed they would indeed act that way. Would I want the show to focus on somebody else? yes. but is it also refreshing that the focus isn't some alpha? maybe. Rage zombies are intense and can tank and do all these feats, but I'd love to see a squad with their shit together use tactics against the beast.
I hope the show doesn't stay with a group long. I hope it shakes scatterings of humans in and out, having them merge and break apart - and of course get owned.

• 1Picard

agripa

Molten Core Raider
Show went off the rails and it seemed like there was an episode missing in the middle.

• 1Like

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Worst pile of shit I seen in a while, the show how no redeeming traits at all. Poor storyline, awful acting, the last episode I beleive they got some random people off the street and ask them to pretend to shoot each other for 10 mintues while we film you.

• 1Like

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I watched it. It was horrible. Best character was the mute hobo. That says a lot.

• 1Like
TV show information provided by The Movie Database