Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Turgur_sl

shitlord
4.67 star(s) Rating: 4.67/5 9 Votes
Title: Blade Runner 2049

Tagline: There's still a page left.

Genre: Mystery, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana de Armas, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Sylvia Hoeks, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, Dave Bautista, David Dastmalchian, Barkhad Abdi, Hiam Abbass, Wood Harris, Edward James Olmos, Tómas Lemarquis, Sallie Harmsen, Sean Young, Loren Peta, Mark Arnold, Krista Kosonen, Elarica Johnson, Kingston Taylor, David Benson, Ben Thompson, Suzie Kennedy, Stephen Triffitt, Ellie Wright

Release: 2017-10-04

Runtime: 163

Plot: Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K, unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard, a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Turgur_sl

shitlord
[CONTAINER][POSTER]View attachment 107721[/POSTER][MOVIE]Title: Blade Runner 2049 (2017)

Genre: [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]Denis Villeneuve[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Ryan Gosling[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Robin Wright[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Harrison Ford[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Dave Bautista[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Ana de Armas[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Sylvia Hoeks[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Mackenzie Davis[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Carla Juri[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Barkhad Abdi[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Dastmalchian[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Hiam Abbass[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Lennie James[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]Jared Leto[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]David Benson[/ACTOR]

Release Date: [RELEASE]2017-10-04[/RELEASE]

Runtime: [RUNTIME]0[/RUNTIME]

Plot: The plot is unknown.[/MOVIE][/CONTAINER]

Harrison Ford to Return in Sequel, Directed by Denis Villeneuve

Turgur_sl

shitlord
gajva2L0rPYkEWjzgFlBXCAVBE5.jpg

Title: Blade Runner 2049

Tagline: There's still a page left.

Genre: Mystery, Science Fiction, Thriller

Director: Denis Villeneuve

Cast: Ryan Gosling, Harrison Ford, Ana de Armas, Robin Wright, Jared Leto, Sylvia Hoeks, Mackenzie Davis, Carla Juri, Lennie James, Dave Bautista, David Dastmalchian, Barkhad Abdi, Hiam Abbass, Wood Harris, Edward James Olmos, Tómas Lemarquis, Sallie Harmsen, Sean Young, Loren Peta, Mark Arnold, Krista Kosonen, Elarica Johnson, Kingston Taylor, David Benson, Ben Thompson, Suzie Kennedy, Stephen Triffitt, Ellie Wright

Release: 2017-10-04

Runtime: 163

Plot: Thirty years after the events of the first film, a new blade runner, LAPD Officer K, unearths a long-buried secret that has the potential to plunge what's left of society into chaos. K's discovery leads him on a quest to find Rick Deckard, a former LAPD blade runner who has been missing for 30 years.

View attachment 107721

Szlia

Dennis Villeneuve is ok in my book. The scenario is written by Hampton Fancher (the guy who did the original screenplay for the original Blade Runner... but not much else it should be said) so... ok... and Michael Green... a guy who wrote some Smallville, some Everwood (?), some Heroes and some Kings for TV and.... Green Lantern. Damn.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Is Harrison Ford on a mission to sully the memory of every great movie he's ever been in?

• 1Solidarity

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Maybe I'm too young to appreciate it's significance, but I watched this movie a few years ago and I didn't get the hype. It's a pretty weird movie. I feel that way about a bunch of heralded 70s and 80s films.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It's more about the visual design and a handful of good scenes. It wasn't a very well put together movie otherwise.

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
Maybe I'm too young to appreciate it's significance, but I watched this movie a few years ago and I didn't get the hype. It's a pretty weird movie. I feel that way about a bunch of heralded 70s and 80s films.
First time I watched it I kind of felt the same, but on each subsequent watch it gets better and better for me. Definitely one of my favorite sci-fi movies.

Not sure why they need to do a sequel though..maybe stay in the same universe, and do a different story. I think it was said by Scott that this universe and the Alien universe are somehow loosely connected via the replicant/android angle or some such thing.

Column_sl

shitlord
At it's simplest it's every crime noir detective film/book with beautiful directing/cinematography.

At it's most complex it's a very much man vs god movie. (I.E. man vs self of the four types of literature)
It's a very quiet film, but extremely powerful. There's just some scenes that can never be done better, Like Harrison fleeing from Roy Batty in that apartment complex while it's raining outside.

I love everything about it. My 2nd favorite movie at all time.

I'm even a little miffed that they finally said Decker was a replicant even tho there was many clues. I felt like that was a mystery that should have died with its creator.

I feel like if you franchise this movie out you kill the spirit of everything that the first movie had. The movie is just science fiction in the background, it's supposed to be a movie that makes us questions What does it mean to be human?what is reality?

Its a piece of Art that can hang alone.

• 1Solidarity

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
It will not feel like a Blade Runner sequel without Vangelis (or someone just as good).

edit: Like any great movie, a happenstance perfect storm of things came together to make it happen. You had Scott who had just directed Alien; Vangelis, who had just scored Chariots of Fire; and Ford, who was uncontestedly the best action star of the 80's; and Webb, the guy who later helped write 12 Monkeys and Unforgiven.

Good luck getting all those elements to work together again- and at the same time to recapture the feel of the original movie.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
My opinions on blade runner itself aside, what is the purpose of this or including harrison ford. Harrison ford used to be great in movies, but he's so far gone into the I don't give a fuck realm I actually consider him a liability when I look at a cast now. Unless he plays a senile old man, I really can't see why they'd want him around.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
At it's simplest it's every crime noir detective film/book with beautiful directing/cinematography.

At it's most complex it's a very much man vs god movie. (I.E. man vs self of the four types of literature)
It's a very quiet film, but extremely powerful. There's just some scenes that can never be done better, Like Harrison fleeing from Roy Batty in that apartment complex while it's raining outside.

I love everything about it. My 2nd favorite movie at all time.

I'm even a little miffed that they finally said Decker was a replicant even tho there was many clues. I felt like that was a mystery that should have died with its creator.

I feel like if you franchise this movie out you kill the spirit of everything that the first movie had. The movie is just science fiction in the background, it's supposed to be a movie that makes us questions What does it mean to be human?what is reality?

Its a piece of Art that can hang alone.
Rutger Hauer even improved his own death scene.

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i watched blade runner once on cable back in the mid 80s, i was interested in watching it again but there are like a million version of it now. which is the best one?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
directors cut from the blue ray, I think that is the consensus now. You're really missing out, it is one of the best sci fi movies ever.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
It's certainly possible to do a good sequel.

Just like it was possible to do a good Tron sequel, and then they had to ruin it by making the last third of the movie retarded.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database