Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
You need to think of an MMO like any other social media platform, it requires a certain critical mass of players, and either you are on the best one or you are trash. It's like going from MySpace to Facebook to Twitter to Tiktok. Whatever one has the largest wins, and will continue to gain mass because nobody wants to left behind in the dark. It's why all the sheep faggot retards from this board started sucking that Final Fantasy cock even though it had been out for years. They can't not be part of the in crowd.

• 4Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
You need to think of an MMO like any other social media platform, it requires a certain critical mass of players, and either you are on the best one or you are trash. It's like going from MySpace to Facebook to Twitter to Tiktok. Whatever one has the largest wins, and will continue to gain mass because nobody wants to left behind in the dark. It's why all the sheep faggot retards from this board started sucking that Final Fantasy cock even though it had been out for years. They can't not be part of the in crowd.
But that kind of illustrates the point, right? Even though TikTok basically replaced Snapchat, there are still plenty of users posting content to Snapchat.

So, while the genre might "move on" in terms of who is the "new hotness" (just like FF14 has supplanted WoW) is, those old games are still kicking around with some level of player-base, making a profit.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I actually liked the game play of AoC - if animations and a laundry list of other shit are adjusted/fixed, then Ill play it at launch. I'm just not very keen on logging into it anymore until then (I didnt pay for the access, so its w/e to me).

Ill play a rebooted Age of Conan but wont touch "AOC" ashes of creation. its buyer beware in current era.

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
Are people who left Myspace sheep faggot retards? Does that mean you are a sheep faggot retard as well? :emoji_thinking:

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
1631355618413.png

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Burnem Wizfyre

Log Wizard
I was one of those wierdo's who liked really long camps for items I needed/wanted. I knew most people didn't have the endurance or the where-with-all to put on Monty Python videos in another window or monitor instead of just complaining how rare the rare things were.

Anyway I'm just spitballing, I agree with you lot, it does have to be fun but I think there is an untapped market out there where the games return to the basics like real hardship and cooperation while eschewing bullshit like cosmetics and pay 2 win schemes.

Also, does anyone else 'member when strats for every single boss weren't plastered on every forum by the first schmuck who couldn't wait to tell the world ? I'm going to suggest too that the best MMO will somehow, someway be resistant to having how-to guides published online. A unicorn? Maybe, but just imagine if players had to think for themselves again in raids. Dayum.

I did the eyepatch of plunder quest as a wizard to spam the clicky and taunt the fuck out of melee players. I loved rare ass items that were hard to get and time consuming and loved not having websites that gave you information on every item and mob out there. My wizard was kos to nearly every city because I would kill any npc I’d never seen before because who the fuck knew what it dropped and one day some low level npc dropped a 9 int glowing black stone that was better than anything I’d ever seen and after that any npc I never seen before had to die. Also when you killed people in duels early on you got faction hits so I had shit faction in most places so I didn’t care.

• 2Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
WoW has a bunch of that stuff though, rare mounts, toys, etc, that require camping rare spawns and jumping through insane hoops to get.

What WoW doesn't have is any real sense of risk. And that's mainly the playerbase's fault. They tried to add a zone with real risks, The Maw, and players fucking hated it, though I think that was largely due to the inability to mount more than anything, given how half the classes have shitty non-mount travel options, while the rest are basically travel gods. Not sure what the devs were thinking with that restriction.

• 1Moron
  • 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
What WoW has always been missing is the ability to create OP alts. Best thing about EQ early on was twinking the shit out of an alt with all of the droppable gear and multiquesting

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rude

Potato del Grande
What WoW has always been missing is the ability to create OP alts. Best thing about EQ early on was twinking the shit out of an alt with all of the droppable gear and multi questing
I had a twink rogue in the 29 bracket in classic. Used to one shot cloth out of stealth with cold blood. Pretty lulzy

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
What WoW has always been missing is the ability to create OP alts. Best thing about EQ early on was twinking the shit out of an alt with all of the droppable gear and multiquesting

I had a twink rogue in the 29 bracket in classic. Used to one shot cloth out of stealth with cold blood. Pretty lulzy

In wow you've always had the ability to have pretty OP alts. Atleast for most classes in certain brackets.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Nothing like twinkling a level 1 iksar monk with fungi tunic and t-staff. Not even close

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The amount of bullshit me and my friends went through to get some stupid fishing hat that didn't have a level requirement for our pvp twinks was memorable, although that's probably due to one of my friends miscalculating the quest exp reward and accidentally leveling up with the turn in, ruining the character

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

Nothing like twinkling a level 1 iksar monk with fungi tunic and t-staff. Not even close

We had a level 1 troll in our guild that we had camped in Plane of Fear before they level locked it. He got a full suit of PoF SK armor and the 2 hander off CT. Eventually his owner had him leave PoF and players thought he was a hacker lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
End game items being usable by level 1s (and tradeable) is much different than dropping gold for the best gear at your level in wow. T-staff, cloak of flames, Sceptre of Destruction, Blade of Carnage, fungi tunic, etc.

• 1Like

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
The amount of bullshit me and my friends went through to get some stupid fishing hat that didn't have a level requirement for our pvp twinks was memorable, although that's probably due to one of my friends miscalculating the quest exp reward and accidentally leveling up with the turn in, ruining the character

I just want to point out, that myself and 2 friends made 19 rogue twinks in WoW classic, thinking that would be awesome. We went 95% into it, but no fishing hats or arena trinket.

What we failed to account for, is that there are a LOT of people who go 200% in. I'm talking perfect gear, arena trinkets, bubble/bandaid to full macros. MASTERY of the jump puzzles / safe spots. Why were there so many humans in zone? OH apparently humans can run through certain gates in WSG if they do it pixel perfect, and they do this 100% accurately lol. We thought we'd wreck face as 3 rogues, and did....ok. But man, people *live* in WSG and would just jump away from us and get to places we couldn't.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
I didn't do that, but guildmate and I were leveling alts and we left our rogue mains nearby in case some higher level stopped by to gank newbs. Sure enough, one popped up. We logged our rogues and destroyed that guy over and over. I don't know why he didn't log out.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Shit just went down. Classic in shambles.

Magic cited as being gone.

It's sent shockwaves through the Classic community.

1631650301190.png

• 1Faggotry

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
Shit just went down. Classic in shambles.

Magic cited as being gone.

It's sent shockwaves through the Classic community.

View attachment 372654

OMG IT SENT SHOCKWAVES, COMPLETELY DEVASTATING, WALLS ARE CLOSING IN, TOTAL BOMBSHELL, THIS COULD BE THE END.

Don't be a retard faggot. Classic TBC is doing fine but many people have moved on, turns out releasing a 15 year old game at a glacial pace doesn't retain players as well as the first time.

• 7Worf
  • 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 12 users