Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
lol should have qualified that with close to Blizzard's size. Star Citizen maybe, but thats also crowdfunded scam from the start.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
Oh look these dumb motherfuckers cannot even successfully launch a game that they successfully launched 20 years ago. What fucking idiots. This company needs to die on the vine.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Friend took time off for the D2 launch.

Funny shit.

• 5Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Mr Creed

Too old for this shit
I took time off for the D2 launch too, so I'm not judging.

Summer 2000 was a gaming blast, spent the whole summer binging D2 and Kunark with a few buddies in a lan attic.

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I took time off for the D2 launch too, so I'm not judging.

Summer 2000 was a gaming blast, spent the whole summer binging D2 and Kunark with a few buddies in a lan attic.

1632494793039.png

• 6Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 10 users

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you took that as I took time off *now*, then I wasn't clear I guess. I took time off 20 years ago. No way I'm touching this sjw remake.
Ahh yea mb. Still image stands as people who bought the coolaid.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I wanted to play this as I never got to play D2. Sounds not very promising though.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Friend took time off for the D2 launch.

Funny shit.
As a TLP vet it's kind of hilarious seeing people that don't understand how the nostalgia thing works with these old games. So many people are acting like d2 resurrected is this huge deal yet in reality it won't even last longer than a week. 100% guaranteed. But people are acting like they are back in 2000 and are coming home from school to play d2.

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
As a TLP vet it's kind of hilarious seeing people that don't understand how the nostalgia thing works with these old games. So many people are acting like d2 resurrected is this huge deal yet in reality it won't even last longer than a week. 100% guaranteed. But people are acting like they are back in 2000 and are coming home from school to play d2.
I played the “beta” ran around a bit, got to second waypoint said “neat” uninstalled. Old game is old and I sure as shit am not doing 40+ boss runs a day again on this shit. Not to mention, potion belt?! Get the fuck out of here with that.
Would rather go play Titan Quest again(recent version fix a lot of the dumb), is just a much better game, and there are better still out there.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I played the “beta” ran around a bit, got to second waypoint said “neat” uninstalled. Old game is old and I sure as shit am not doing 40+ boss runs a day again on this shit. Not to mention, potion belt?! Get the fuck out of here with that.
Would rather go play Titan Quest again(recent version fix a lot of the dumb), is just a much better game, and there are better still out there.
Lol. Yeah. Last Epoch has the potion belt mechanic too. I had completely forgotten about it in d2. At first I was like what is this shit? My buddy reminded me it was a straight d2 rip. You forget a lot in 19 years.

• 1Like

Abacab

Golden Knight of the Realm

Only reason D2 even had staying power was because on the legacy client you could buy a CD key for $10, download Kolbot and a pickit program and roll a dozen hammerdins to do nothing but farm 24/7 365 on some $100 computer in your basement.

This just allowed people to get BIS gear extremely quick and cheap so they could engage in high end PvP, people loved running around with their 57k dmg charger paladins, or zealsorc or GG fireclaw druids

D2R however is like 40GB of space and requires a pretty decent computer and it's connected to Battle.net so you can't use a loader to bring up multiple clients or run Kolbot without anticheat kicking off because it's a DLL hook.

This just means people can't farm their enigma or grief easily and now have to commit to either 1000+ lower kurast runs on players 5, or pay some shit lord $600 on D2JSP for the runes and base...

High end PvP is going to be DOA when gear doesn't exist and you just get telestomped by blizz sorcs 99% of the time, and that's 90% of the D2 playerbase

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 4 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Lol. Yeah. Last Epoch has the potion belt mechanic too. I had completely forgotten about it in d2. At first I was like what is this shit? My buddy reminded me it was a straight d2 rip. You forget a lot in 19 years.
What is the potion belt mechanic again?