Blizzard dies and Bobby rides

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
So I don't play Faggot Fantasy and have no plans to gobble their nutsack like many of the bandwagon tards have been doing, but look at how simple this was. Logins are fucked players can't log in. So they apologize for the issue and give out 7 days of game time.

Imagine how many times Blizzard has face fucked themselves with massive queues or release issues. Just think of how something so fucking simple as an apology and a few free game days would have gone to not make them seem like total cuntrags. Oh well fuck em.

Blizzard always has login queues, whatever they launch.

I used to troll people by saying "its a small company guys, give them some time", and that was in 2013 or something.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
So I don't play Faggot Fantasy and have no plans to gobble their nutsack like many of the bandwagon tards have been doing, but look at how simple this was. Logins are fucked players can't log in. So they apologize for the issue and give out 7 days of game time.

Imagine how many times Blizzard has face fucked themselves with massive queues or release issues. Just think of how something so fucking simple as an apology and a few free game days would have gone to not make them seem like total cuntrags. Oh well fuck em.
Blizzard repeatedly gave a day, sometimes three or more of free time when stuff happened. At least, that was the case early on. My sub history would include those free days, so they were easy to spot. But that was always for downtime, not queues.

Of course, they almost never had those problems recently, even with DDOS, since their remaining datacenters are oversized for the playing population.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Blizzard repeatedly gave a day, sometimes three or more of free time when stuff happened. At least, that was the case early on. My sub history would include those free days, so they were easy to spot. But that was always for downtime, not queues.

Of course, they almost never had those problems recently, even with DDOS, since their remaining datacenters are oversized for the playing population.
happy episode 8 GIF

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Yep, I just looked at my sub history for it but I remember back when they launched in 2014 everyone got what amounted to pretty much a week of free days due to all the server issues.

It's so easy to build up goodwill by doing that, they are such idiots for not recognizing its a problem and continuing the practice

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Blizzard always has login queues, whatever they launch.
Maybe on Classic? I've not had queues on retail for years. This FF14 launch makes me miss Blizzard queues. This queue system is some of the worst shit I've ever seen.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
since their remaining datacenters are oversized for the playing population.
Yeah, but the Blizzard servers are now cloud-based, and start to lag as soon as more than 50 people are in the same area.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

9.1 was a failed launch and nothing was offered.

Vote em out. Unsub.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Incorrect. 9.1 was a launch failure. No days were offered.

Server instability killed 9.1 on day one. Weekly chest was also incorrect and people got fucked out of loot.

• 1Like

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Incorrect. 9.1 was a launch failure. No days were offered.

Server instability killed 9.1 on day one. Weekly chest was also incorrect and people got fucked out of loot.
I wouldn't know, since I no longer even have the Battle.net app on my computer.

• 1Like

xmod2

<Gold Donor>
More like the Ship of Theseus. If, over time, you replace every staff member, is it still Blizzard? :emoji_thinking:

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
There was this rumor floating around that Blizzard had emergency meetings, lots of emergency meetings, basically all hands on deck. The managers/leaders asked: "Why do people play FFXIV?"
And the developers answered "because of this, this and that." And the confused question from the managers was: "but we did all that?" - "Yeah, but not anymore."

This is the punchline to many of Blizzard's current problems: They used to do this, but not anymore.

Yeah but the blizz devs who were alienating their most popular twitch streamers and shoehorning mythic+ into an esport must have not been invited to that meeting.

Instead they stayed in their cubicles actively poisoning the company's relationship with their gamers.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Blizz really fell on their dicks trying to ramrod Esports into all of their games. Somehow forgetting that the big Esports all grew mostly organically. Even League of Legends. While it was designed as an online multiplayer MOBA game, over time it became a massively popular league esport and brought in all the money that came with it.

Failed blizzard Esports
  1. WOW Arena -> This was always shit because the balance was always shit.
  2. Mythic+ -> This has potential until they banned stuff like using invis pots to skip unnecessary mobs and create interesting routes. It instead became using optimal setups to pump the most DPS possible because you had to brute force everything.
  3. Overwatch -> Started out okay but certain formats like GOAT made it boring as fuck to watch.
  4. Starcraft II -> They sure did try but it just fizzled out.
  5. Hearthstone -> Still fumbling a long due to its massive casual appeal.
  6. Heart of the Storm -> Game sucked, league sucked, they eventually canned it.
Successful
  1. SC1 and Brood War -> They had almost nothing to do with it. But it took Korea by storm sure as fuck.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
  1. Mythic+ -> This has potential until they banned stuff like using invis pots to skip unnecessary mobs and create interesting routes.
Haha yeah that actually sounds fun to watch, did they not realise that they were creating a speedrunning format and that speedrunnning is all about crazy exploits? I don't want to watch packs explode in a flurry of the same spell animations every other pack explodes in.

Having that stuff in professions too is ideal as then you don't limit people to playing mage or rogue for invis skips.

As long as it remains skill based, who cares if skill+time is spent skipping a pack instead of time+time with brute force?

I did some rogue trinket farming groups in BRD Classic and it was really fun too, devs need to catch emergent player behaviour and polish it into a feature, not remove it.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The leadership for growing anything organically just isn't there. I'm sure if they hadn't been constantly distracted by whatever internal cultural back-biting poisoned Titan and turned WoW into shit they could've cultivated any and all of those games into good and even great e-sports.

But the rot that killed Titan in the womb had already set in and the leadership had already decided they weren't interested in being caretakers to Blizzard's decline. So they left.

• 2Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
More like the Ship of Theseus. If, over time, you replace every staff member, is it still Blizzard? :emoji_thinking:
Shame they can replace everyone there yet the direction of the company remains the same regardless. Glacial content release schedule along with a leadership which does not care about its customers.

But of course none of that matters when the vast majority of your customers left are whales that eat up whatever shit cosmetics you put out.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users