Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
[SERIES][TVPOSTER]
yeRbCAuid6BAnXM3zGz6XK4ce2L.jpg
[/TVPOSTER][SERIESWRAP][EPISODENAME]Bloodline[/EPISODENAME]

Genre: [GENRE]Drama[/GENRE]

First Aired: [RELEASE]2015-03-20[/RELEASE]

Overview: [PLOT]A dramatic thriller that explores the demons lurking beneath the surface of a contemporary American family. The Rayburns are hard-working pillars of their Florida Keys community. But when the black sheep son comes home for the 45th anniversary of his parents' hotel, he threatens to expose the Rayburns' dark secrets and shameful past, pushing his siblings to the limits of family loyalty.[/PLOT][/SERIESWRAP][/SERIES]

Anyone else watching this?

I have watched 3 episodes and I like it. Some heavy character development going on through 3 episodes which I like. After the 1st episode you will have a decent idea of the family dynamics but that is just the surface, every episode they go a little deeper on back story.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yeah, I'd say the first episode is sort of slow since it's setting things up. I almost stopped after that since I thought it was boring, but the second episode really starts piling on the mystery and becomes far more engaging. I'm about halfway through now and am pretty hooked, though I have to wonder what they do for a second season.

Meko

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm in the same boat. The show has me hooked through 7 episodes. That said, if season 1 wraps up, what is the second season going to be? A new family/story? I like the way they shot the show with flashbacks, flash forwards and the plot points being scrambled.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Up to episode 4 and had to stop watching, shitty older brother drama hits too close to home. They sure do get those family dynamics right, can really see the inner turmoil.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just finished this. Really recommend it, if you got some family issues I bet it would be really hard to watch.

Zajeer

Molten Core Raider
For those that are finished with season 1 -
It appears that season 2 will probably be about the old Police Officer and Mother finding out about what happened with Danny. I bet Marco (the partner sheriff) will also find out about it. And then there's Danny's kid who shows up. What I worry about however, is that there's been enough flashbacks from the family's point of view of events that occurred in the past regarding Danny, so whats left for them to show?

Anyway this show was great. I highly recommend it - Netflix is killing it with original programming

Schags

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Awesome show but I kept waiting for coach taylor to break out a clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose speech.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
This was a really good show. Just finished it up, that death scene was pretty brutal.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
This would have been better as a two part movie IMO instead of a 12 hour dragging out of a somewhat thin plot stuffed with repetitive flashbacks and "Ohh Mysterious Foreshadowing" (waves hands in face). I enjoyed it for what it was but by the end I felt no interest for any of the cast and was just glad that it was over with.

For anyone considering a watch of this I would recommend spacing out the viewing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
I watched 2-3 at a time and left them to stew a couple of days. I liked the format with the family secrets being revealed through flashbacks throughout the season. But I tend to like shows like this, kind of family dramas. I really liked Six Feet Under, I would say this is kind of a cross between that and a detective show. Chandler was off the fuckin chain, too, as was Mendehlson.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
There's a second season of this? I thought it was a one time deal? I never finished the first season.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
The firs episode didn't hook me at all. Maybe I'll give it another shot after reading this thread.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I struggled to like episode 8 or whatever. The show only got worse as it went on in my opinion. I felt there wasn't a single character to root for.

Cantatus

Lord Nagafen Raider
Season one had a slow start, but I'm glad I gave it another chance and ended up really enjoying it. A lot of that had to do with Ben Mendelsohn's performance though.
I'm curious to see what sort of direction they can go in without him.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Watched S1 this past few weeks. I liked it. Danny may have been shitty but was dealt a raw hand (in my opinion). How the rest of the "perfect" family deals with the fact they fucking murdered him and covered it up makes them quite a bit worse than an asshole drug addict criminal.

Season 2 should be interesting.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Dude he went pretty far beyond asshole druggie, he was pointedly trying to ruin their lives.

I've watched the first couple from S2, I like it. It got a bad review on AV Club but good reviews elsewhere, idk, I think it is the same as S1, if this isn't your thing you won't be into it. I love the slow burn family drama sort of thing.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Sorry chaos, I don't think that murdering him was righteous or the right thing to do in any capacity. An entire lifetime of being shit on by all of your family would probably make you into a shitty person who didn't give a fuck.

They seemed to have an annoying irrational fear of the guy. Like John's wife and his panic over the daughter "missing." I didn't get that part.