Bluetooth Headset/Earbuds Recommendations

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
I didn't know where to put this, so I'm going to drop this hear. I'm looking for a set of bluetooth headset/earbuds that I can use with my phone to wear when working around the house/yard or running. I don't care about fantastic sound quality, just durability, reliability, comfort and price. I current have a Note 3 if that makes a difference.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What is the range on bluetooth? Curious if I could leave my phone on my deck while i work around the yard or if you really still need to have the phone in your pocket

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Pretty sure normal bluetooth goes up to 30 feet, bluetooth 4.0 is supposed to go 200+ feet but it depends more on the device.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm one of those bt nuts, so

Amazon.com: Samsung HM1700 Bluetooth Headset with Noise reduction and Echo cancellation, supports Music streaming (Gray): Cell Phones Accessoriesi tried and they were "ok" when i needed a bt headset, but talk quality was crap, long battery tho, not as comfortable (i had to use the ear wrap around and the gel's weren't as good)

Amazon.com: Plantronics M155 MARQUE - Bluetooth Headset - Frustration Free Packaging - Black: Cell Phones Accessories
this is my "goto", the gels fit nicely, i didn't have to use the wrap around, and the gels stay on the bt when you bring them in and out from your pocket (lesser gels come off when you transfer from jeans to ear often), battery time isn't super great, i get max 2.1 hours of podcasts, but standby is like forever!, talk quality, is upper 90% (annoying thing is volume cycles from one button, no separate, +/- but buttons are scarce anyway for most bt devices, so do judge a bt headset by physical buttons)

Amazon.com: Jawbone ICON HD - Bluetooth Headset - Black - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones Accessoriesi've had at least 2 jawbones, with noise assassin 2.5 tech, and the other ppl on the line find it not as great. there is a little nub that touches your cheek/jaw ever so slightly. battery life is great, didn't need the wrap around and i believe it has both iphone/droid software so you can see on your phone current battery life, which is cool (built in for iphone, have to d/l app for droid i believe)

i have the jabra extreme in my car, currently it works great as a speakerphone vs the car bt, oddly enough, but it kinda sucks to have in-ear, amazon doesn't seem to sell them no more.

i'm the local "tech guy" in my gym so i've recommended these
Amazon.com: ARCTIC P311 Bluetooth Stereo Headphones, Integrated Microphone, 20-Hr Playback - Black: Electronics

to most ppl, i actually workout with a pair of regular headphones (i can't stand on the ear, and have over the ear), but ppl wanted good bt wireless headphones and i recommended these. So far 4 ppl have them and love them. they work great, hold onto the head for long runs, and have big buttons to change music. They even use it to talk when they get calls! and they say they almost never have to charge them and leave them in the gym bag.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I really like these:Amazon.com: LG Electronics Tone+ HBS-730 Bluetooth Headset - Retail Packaging - Black: Cell Phones Accessories

I wear them when I bike -- way more comfortable than wired headphones. Very easy to forget you're wearing them, actually. I've spent a whole day walking around the office with the thing around my neck without realizing it.
Another happy Tone user!
smile.png

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Do they even make handsfree headsets anymore that aren't bluetooth? I just want something that will plug into my cell phone so I don't have to hold it during long conversations. It doesn't have to be wireless! In fact, wireless is just adding complication in this case because if I need to be mobile, I'll put the fucking phone in my pocket and move around!

Tried searching amazon and EVERYTHING was fucking bluetooth. Don't want to charge it, don't want the battery to be another point of possible failure.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Soriak/Tarrant - Have either of you used both the HBS-700 and HBS-730 models of the LG Tone? There's some pretty conflicting info on Amazon about whether the newer one is actually better.

Basically, I've now gone through three sets of $150-220 IEMs dying right after their warranties expired and I'm getting pretty sick of it. One Shure, one Etymotic, and one Ultimate Ears (pre-Logitech acquisition) so switching brands isn't helping. I mostly listen to Pandora these days anyway, and even the paid version of their stream is still only 192kbps. I'm looking to get a pair of decent IEMs for $50, since I think that's about on par with the level of compression I'm dealing with here. Having it be a Bluetooth stereo headset would be a nice bonus. I'm concerned about the sound quality and the range though, which brings me back to the conflicting info on the Amazon product pages.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I just use the 730's, no issues with them what so ever and everyone I work with no has a pair of them as well after hearing me talk about them. They all love them too.

Mageling

Bronze Knight of the Realm

Vorph

I just use the 730's, no issues with them what so ever and everyone I work with no has a pair of them as well after hearing me talk about them. They all love them too.
Thanks. Got them from Amazon today and I'm pretty happy so far. The range is a little less than I'd like--can't quite make it into my kitchen if I leave the phone charging on my desk--but the sound quality is definitely more than adequate for bass-heavy electronic and industrial music from Pandora. Haven't tried making a call with them yet, but I don't expect any issues there.

Vorph

As an update, I used the HBS-730 a lot over the past few days and I have come to the conclusion that the silicone tips they come with suck ass. Sadly none of the tips from my high-end IEMs fit, so in the meantime I'm using different silicone ones I had laying around. I'll be getting a set of Comply foam tips as soon as I decide whether I want to go with the 'comfort' or 'isolation' series ('active' is uncoated foam and degrades so quickly that they end up costing considerably more in the long run).