Bluetooth speakers?

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Looking for some suggestions for Bluetooth speaker. I want to connect smart phone or PC to it and run Pandora, Spotify or local files. Mostly in the kitchen, bathroom, outside (covered), garage etc.. Doesn't have to be portable if it's a good speaker and we like it I'll just but more of them.

I'm looking for something that sounds decent, size isn't important as I have places to put something larger or small.

What is everyone using?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Amazon.com: SoundBot? SB510 HD Water Resistant Bluetooth 3.0 Shower Speaker, Handsfree Portable Speakerphone with Built-in Mic, 6hrs of playtime, Control Buttons and Dedicated Suction Cup for Showers, Bathroom, Pool, Boat, Car, Beach, Accessories

this is a clone of one i have in my shower, this is actually updated so it uses micro usb to charge so this is the tits now imo. I use the same clone company for bluetooth headset for working out and it's awesome, this should be about the same.

Why bluetooth and not a stationary dock? my wife has an iphone i have a droid, plus we listen to different songs/podcasts etc, so just a nice speaker was nice. It's loud enough for the loudest of showers, i've even used it to play music in my backyard for 2 bbqs, it's also cheap as hell now. Plus its waterproof, so it's great for the shower or still works if you put it in the garden. I hot glued the power connection to it cuz eventually the sticky cup will stop sticking and fall on the shower floor, and i just have it constantly connected. (all my bathroom electronics are on a timer, toothbrush, flosser, etc)

Size of hockeypuck, no drawbacks really, i mean unless you're an audiophile, then go spend a few hundred bucks on a dedicated dock.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I would be extremely concerned about the audio quality of a $10 bluetooth speaker. Seems like it would sound only slightly better than just using your phone.

I have aJBL Chargeand it's great. A lot of volume with no breakup. Excellent bass response. Only bluetooth speaker I've used that's better is the Bose Mini SoundLink. The big Jawbone is really good but I don't like the mini as much as the Charge or Bose.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Anybody know of an AM/FM radio that also has bluetooth and is rugged enough to survive in a shop? The only one I have found is theMakita LXTone which makes sense for me because I'm already heavily invested in Makita LXT power tools, but it costs $150 which seems a little steep to me to listen to music while I'm welding.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I would be extremely concerned about the audio quality of a $10 bluetooth speaker. Seems like it would sound only slightly better than just using your phone.
that's a negative. Simple test is if you put a phone near your sink and try to play a podcast, i'm sure you wouldn't hear shit on vol10 cuz it'd get all muffled from the shower sounds and shit. This speaker at the same distance, and you'd hear a podcast just fine. Again it's 10bucks vs the 100 you linked, obviously the jbl would be better quality i guess for a living room, but are you gonna put that shit in the bathroom? then buy another and put it in the garage?

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I bring it with me to a lot of places. BBQs, picnics, hotel raging. It's really convenient. Plus it contains a USB port so you can charge your phone with it.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire

I have aJBL Chargeand it's great. A lot of volume with no breakup. Excellent bass response. Only bluetooth speaker I've used that's better is the Bose Mini SoundLink. The big Jawbone is really good but I don't like the mini as much as the Charge or Bose.
That looks really good and more what I'm looking for. Sam's had a monster speaker for sale but it sounded like shit.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I picked this up for like $17 a couple weeks ago. Mostly just for listening to podcasts or Pandora with a bit better/louder sound than my phone can manage.

Amazon.com: Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Curve Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Full 360 Degree Sound with Built in Speakerphone works with iPhone iPad tablet Samsung and smart phones - Metallic Blue: MP3 Players Accessories

It's at $19.99 now, looking at google it's normally anywhere from $18-45. It's been pretty great for a super portable little speaker. Surprisingly good sound and volume. Also it says up to 5 hours on a charge, that must be for full volume death metal. I used it for 2 straight days at work for most of the day on a single charge with no problem, probably 10ish hours.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I picked this up for like $17 a couple weeks ago. Mostly just for listening to podcasts or Pandora with a bit better/louder sound than my phone can manage.

Amazon.com: Cambridge SoundWorks OontZ Curve Ultra Portable Wireless Bluetooth Speaker Full 360 Degree Sound with Built in Speakerphone works with iPhone iPad tablet Samsung and smart phones - Metallic Blue: MP3 Players Accessories

It's at $19.99 now, looking at google it's normally anywhere from $18-45. It's been pretty great for a super portable little speaker. Surprisingly good sound and volume. Also it says up to 5 hours on a charge, that must be for full volume death metal. I used it for 2 straight days at work for most of the day on a single charge with no problem, probably 10ish hours.
I was just going to post this. I marvel at the sound quality of this little speaker. I highly recommend it.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
When I picked up my new phone at Verizon a few weeks ago, they had one of them UE Booms playing. Pretty big store and it filled the entire store with nice bassy sound I was so impressed I bought one. A bit pricey at $200, but well worth it. Loud as hell, can connect to several devices, and best of all it has 10+ hours of battery charge. If you buy another, which I probably will, they connect to each other for a more stereo effect.
rrr_img_106771.jpg

Feien

Ploppers
I'm a big fan of the UE boom as well. It's also pretty rugged and weatherproof so you can take it with you in the shower and it will be fine.